Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by eeldergill on 15 May 2013
  • Hi All
    I want to lay and then back at SP to scalp a profit. So, lay £10 at 5 on a horse not in play and then back at SP to hopefully make a profit if I've guessed correctly that SP will be a tad higher.

I have tried (bm_laya*bm_lap)/actual_sp but that doesn't work. Say, SP turns out to be 5.5 then I would like my stake to be (10x5)/4.5, which is £9.09 for a small profit of 91p less commission. Obviously, idea is based on some statistical anaylsis of which horses return good SPs and the intention is to bet a good number of horses per day and increase stakes if strategy works.

Is it impossible to use actual_sp because my bet is part of the process by which the actual_sp is calculated by Batfair and so I'm putting the cart before the horse? Is there another way.

Regards
    Ed.
  • #2 by mcbee on 15 May 2013
  • hi
    if you are betting on one of the first 3 favourite's, the the closest that you will get for a calculation is
    (bm_laya*(bm_layp-1))/((back_price-1+lay_price-1)/2)
    this will give you a small profit if the selection were to lose or 0 loss if it won
    or you could use
    (bm_laya*(bm_layp-1))*1.15/((back_price-1+lay_price-1)/2)
    for a small profit win or lose

mcbee
  • #3 by eeldergill on 15 May 2013
  • Thanks, McBee, incredibly helpful as usual. You should write a short ebook on MFPro tricks and tips. I'd buy it.
Pages:
Actions