Author Topic: back ticks over time  (Read 2407 times)

Tags:
  • All members
back ticks over time
« on: 23 Mar 2014, 10:11 »
Hi,
I am using the condition
'and Selection's Back Ticks Diff over x is equal or less than x'
My question is:
If there is a large gap between back and lay price then on its own this condition would be inefficient, in that case should I add the following:
'and Selection's Lay Ticks Diff over x is equal or less than x'  ?
Will that work? or are there other solutions.?
Thanks if you can assist.
R
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

Re: back ticks over time
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2014, 11:09 »
Hi
If you are using the condition back ticks diff over time it will be impossible for it to return an accurate "value" value if the market is not formed. The best way then is to have preceding conditions to check the market is formed, for example
markets back book % is less than 105
or selections trigger expression g_ticks(back_price,lay_price) is less than x
or selections back price is greater than r_ticks(lay_price,-x)

If you are intending betting in markets with large gaps in the prices, it might be better to offer prices within the gap. For example:
best back 2.42 best lay 2.98 you could back at a price of r_ticks(lay_price,-x)
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Re: back ticks over time
« Reply #2 on: 24 Mar 2014, 09:20 »
Hi Mark,
Thanks for your response.
I already use the 105%, g_ticks and rticks(lay price -2) as standard in any of my triggers
to ensure the market is relatively formed for both back and lay prices. So I guess my question is redundant.
As for our last suggestion re betting somewhere in the gap I will look into it as up until now I was quite content to only bet when gap is only 2 ticks. There are sufficient events for me to bet on.
Thanks for your confirmation.
R
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE