Author Topic: Back triggers for a beginner  (Read 3521 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Back triggers for a beginner
« on: 18 Nov 2013, 09:51 »
Hello! excited to be trying MF out, but a little overwhelmed by the options! Ive been through the trigger video & downloaded some example ones - but I'm stumped as for how to start creating my own. I can see how I can build one up, but structuring it is confusing.

here is what i'd like to do, in english:

• Days racecard = GBR & IRL WinMarkets with 5+ runners

Bet Trigger 1
    conditions met = <30 secs to scheduled start time & >= 5 runners & 5th fav & price is [> price 1  & < price 2]
    bet = back bet at best lay + 2 ticks on the 5th fav of 1% of bank, leave in-play

Bet Trigger 2
    conditions met = <30 secs to scheduled start time & >= 6 runners & 6th fav & price is [> price 3  & < price 4]
    bet = back bet at best lay +3 ticks on the 6th fav of 0.9% of bank, leave in-play

Bet Trigger 3
    conditions met = <30 secs to scheduled start time & >= 7 runners & 7th fav & price is [> price 5& < price 6]
    bet = back bet at best lay +3 ticks on the 7th fav of 1% of bank, leave in-play

Bet Trigger 4
    conditions met = <30 secs to scheduled start time & >= 8 runners & 8th fav & price is [> price 7& < price 8]
    bet = back bet at best lay +4 ticks on the 8th fav of 1% of bank, leave in-play

After market settles update bank

Any pointers in the right direction would be most appreciated - J

• Élite
Re: Back triggers for a beginner
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2013, 12:22 »
hi
this will be easy to do, but a few questions first.
do you want to back all the selections fron 5th favourite to the 8th favourite,because in a 5 plus runner race there would be 4 qualifying selections.
what do you mean by    price is [> price 1  & < price 2]

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2013, 14:47 »
Thanks mcbee.

Yes that's correct, in an 8 runner race this trigger would bet on favorites 5,6,7 & 8. And in a 7 runner race it would bet on 5,6,7 etc.

The > price1  < price 2 is a band of odds which the trigger is valid for e.g for the 5th fav, say 6 (price 1) to 8.5 (price 2). These bands would vary for each favorite.

hope this answers your questions, thanks again, James

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2013, 16:32 »
hi
here is your triggers
in the constants you can set
bet amount (bank percent)
minimum price
maximum price
minimum runners also includes the fav position
amount of ticks to add to the lay price(for the back bet price)
the above is seperate for each tigger (4 triggers)
maximum seconds before the start time

please use test mode until you are happy with your settings

mcbee

download the trigger below
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 19 Nov 2013, 15:43 »
Thanks mcbee, this is really great. I can see how using constants build up inputs into a set of rules that trigger when met - simple by some standards I'm sure, but I'm just starting :-)

I am going to start running in test mode soon.

Before I do, I had a market selection query - I want to run these triggers for horses, todays racecard - win markets - do i just change "All Markets" to "Horses" - or do I need to define more specifically?

Many thanks for you guidance, James

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2013, 15:49 »
hi
the triggers will work in any market that you monitor.
so in the market locator (add specific markets), just set it to win markets.
there is a set locator for uk and irish win only markets.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 19 Nov 2013, 16:04 »
just seen it, brilliant, Thanks, James

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE