Author Topic: [TR] Back_price selection mix with tips list  (Read 3426 times)

• All members
[TR] Back_price selection mix with tips list
« on: 20 Feb 2018, 13:59 »
Hello friends.

I'm developing a trigger for dutching in greyhound racing.
Today it is based on the back_prices of the market, undergoing some conditions.
I wanted help in the next step, which would be the trigger reads a TXT file with tips indicating the favorites from 1 to 6, mix (I will say the rule ahead) with the favorites (1 to 6) according to their back_prices.
This new selection (new favorites from 1 to 6) would go through my conditions (already in operation today) for the trigger to decide whether to enter (with dutching in 2, 3 or 4 favorites) or not.

How the mixing should work:
A = favorites according to current back_prices F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6
T = favorites according to my tips   TF1,TF2,TF3,TF4,TF5,TF6
M = mixed favorites    M1,M2,M3,M4,M5,M6

Example 1:
A = 3,1,2,5,6,4
T = 6,1,5,4,2,3
M = 3,6,1,2,5,4

The trigger would do a zigzag, starting with A. If the number already exists (see case F2, which was already chosen from A), jump and choose from the other list (A or T).

Example 2:
A = 6,3,1,4,2,5
T = 3,4,6,2,1,5
M = 6,3,4,1,2,5

Each line of the TXT file could have (to be able to select by Market Name):
date (YYYYMMDD), hour (HHMM), City, TF1,TF2,TF3,TF4,TF5,TF6

My trigger already eliminates the runs that do not have 6 greyhounds and those with greyhound reserves (Res), so if it's easy, I can generate the TXT file with the names of the greyhounds and not with their numbers.

If the race is not found in the TXT file, the trigger will make M = A and set a variable to indicate it.

I appreciate who can help in implementing the above routine so I add in my trigger.

• Élite
Re: Back_price selection mix with tips list
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2018, 13:19 »
hi
can you generate the greyhound name as it appears in betfair.
ie-    1.Droopys Fair
        3.Gilti Way

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 02 Mar 2018, 07:34 »
Does my TXT file contain date, time, city? For I believe that if each line contains the names of 6 greyhounds, the trigger can identify whether or not that set belongs to the race being monitored at this moment.

No, your text file must contain only the names of selections. And it's not "each line contains the names of 6 greyhounds". It's one name per line. Please refer to the sample file I attached in the previous message.

2) Next to each greyhound name (separated by TAB character), will I put a number (from 1 to 6) that represents favoritism (1 = first favorite ... 6 = last favorite) according to my analysis?

Yes.

3) The trigger will make T1 = the name of the greyhound that has, at its side (in the TXT file), the number 1, ... T6 = the name of the greyhound that has the number 6 on its side (in TXT file).
Quote from: Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on Tue, 27 February, 2018, 18:45
4) If this set of 6 greyhounds (of the current race) is not found in the TXT file, it will make T1 = greyhound name with rank = 1 .... T6 = greyhound name with rank = 6.

Yes.

Is there a way for this routine to display values from T1 to T6 (greyhounds name TXT file) on the main screen of the MFP each time a race was selected on the left of the list of My Marketings?

Yes, you can do that using the Engineer Mode and its cells. I will explain how to do this in the post where I will deliver the triggers.

So, if you agree with the above, let me know and I'll start working on them.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 02 Mar 2018, 13:09 »
Yes, you can continue.

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 02 Mar 2018, 19:55 »
hi
sorry  , whoops , .
No, your text file must contain only the names of selections. And it's not "each line contains the names of 6 greyhounds". It's one name per line. Please refer to the sample file I attached in the previous message.

maybe mfp/betfair has altered the greyhound names.
greyhound names MUST include the trap number , ie-  1.Droopys Fair
it has been almost a year since i was active so maybe betfair has changed ?.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 02 Mar 2018, 20:53 »
hi
sorry  , whoops , .

maybe mfp/betfair has altered the greyhound names.
greyhound names MUST include the trap number , ie-  1.Droopys Fair
it has been almost a year since i was active so maybe betfair has changed ?.

mcbee
Ok I got it

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 07 Mar 2018, 09:38 »
I will deliver your triggers today.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 07 Mar 2018, 10:43 »
Please see your triggers attached.

Go to "Settings", "General Options" and set the default market view to "Engineer Mode". Then edit the cells to be displayed in the way shown in the attached screenshot (engineer_mode_cells2.png).

The first trigger, "writing down all selections to a file", is a way to help you generate the list of all selections in all Greyhound markets, so that later you could edit them. You may keep or delete this trigger and use your own tools to generate the list. But if you want to keep and use it, here is what you need to do.

1. Disable the second trigger "Dutch on qualifying selections" (untick the corresponding checkbox).
2. Enable "writing down all selections to a file". Edit the path to the file where the list of selections will be stored.
3. Add all Greyhound races to "My Markets". You can do this using Market Locator.
4. Start refreshing ALL markets at once and run this trigger.
5. Stop refreshing the markets.

You will get a list of selections similar to the one attached to this post.
IMPORTANT: add "#all_active#" at the end of the list (see where it is in the attached file).

You can then edit the numbers next to each selection.

After you have prepared the list, do the following:

1. Disable "writing down all selections to a file", enable "Dutch on qualifying selections" triggers.
2. Disable triggered betting (turn off the green bulb in the main application window).
3. Import the selections into MF Pro (use "Import selections for auto-trading"). See this video for help.
4. The program will let you know how many selections and values it has imported.
5. Make sure you untick the recurring import (see the screenshot attached, import_selections_untick.png).
6. After your first market starts refreshing, you will see the ranks of the imported selections in the first column of cells (see the attached screenshot, engineer_mode_cells3.png).
7. Enable Triggered Betting again. The triggers will now place lay bets on three selections with ranks from 2 to 4 -- either according to your text file or according to their actual rank (if they are missing in the text file).

Edit the parameters of the Dutching trigger and the constants as you like, just keep the first two conditions intact.

Of course, make sure you have first tested the triggers in Test Mode.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Re: [TR] Back_price selection mix with tips list
« Reply #8 on: 08 Mar 2018, 03:08 »
Many thanks Oxa.
Great job!
I'll do the tests now.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE