Author Topic: backing dropping odds  (Read 6123 times)

Tags:
backing dropping odds
« on: 30 Jul 2013, 20:49 »
hey

what I'm trying to set up is trigger to back favourite if odds drop by at least 5% in few hours before start and odds are less then evens

I've been messing with few triggers trying to get it to work, but with no luck so far.

any ideas?

• All members
Re: backing dropping odds
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2013, 22:17 »
Hi,

I have had lots of help here and i think this is within my ability, I will put something together for you and post it here.

Regards

Console

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2013, 22:41 »
Just quickly put this together.

I stress quickly because I am in the UK so cant test it as there are no markets until tomorrow.

Hopefully will give you some hints and ideas of where you might have gone wrong at least.

It should start monitoring the Time (in minutes) before race start to record fav then place a bet on the fav 2 mins before the race starts.

hope it helps.

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jul 2013, 07:03 »

thanks a million Console

will give it a go today and report back how I got on

« Reply #4 on: 31 Jul 2013, 17:51 »
First I wanna say, I'm total newbie to triggers and marketfeeder, so I'm just figuring out how it works and what kind of variables are used.

I looked at that trigger, and have few questions, as I want to use it for tennis, I'm trying to change few conditions and variables.

want do I need to change in order to monitor price say 6 hours before match start, and how do I set minimum drop in % or ticks?

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
« Reply #5 on: 31 Jul 2013, 19:07 »
you can add a constant at the top to set the % .. if you want a 25% drop set constant to  0.75

Next I would monitor both sides using selections index. Some macthes the fav changes and could mess up your check.

set user variable Index1 & Index2 to last traded. [two separate triggers]
Conditions:
selection index = 1 & last traded > index1
for the index1 trigger

selections index = 2 for index2 & last traded > index2

run every one minute or something like that. Index1&2 will now contain the highest price traded for each player.

for the back
use once per market
selection set to Fav
conditions: [two blocks OR OR]
OR selections index = 1 & (back_price-1)*0.75 <= index1 -1 and minutes to the off < 10
OR sections index = 2 & (back_price-1)*0.75 <= index2-1 and minutes to the off < 10

this may not work as expected .. I was thinking and typing as I go along, but hopefully it will point you in the right direction.

Good luck.

Fortune favors the brave!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE