Author Topic: Backing the winning team @ half time  (Read 3915 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Backing the winning team @ half time
« on: 14 Feb 2013, 20:52 »
OK, so I've had MFPro for years now, and have never got to grips with it -

So I would like to see if anyone can assist with something that sounds like an easy trigger to get me started and see how it goes...

SO.. is it possible to create a trigger that simply backs a football team that is winning at half time

Thanks

Re: Backing the winning team @ half time
« Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 2013, 21:25 »
Hi
I think you need to be a little more specific on "winning at half time".
By that I am wondering if you mean winning in match score
or
winning in terms of odds

for example
at half time the visitors may be ahead on goals, but home team might still have the lowest odds.

Usually price is king and mostly corresponds with the score, and is the easiest example to give you. See picture.
Happy to help if you want something else.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 2013, 21:51 »
Hi Mark,

Thanks very much for your reply!

For this particular strategy I would just like to back any team that is winning in terms of goals.

So even if Wigan were beating Man U 1-0 @ old trafford @ HT, I would like to back them to win the match, if it were a draw, I wouldn't want to bet, if Man U were winning, I would like to back them.

Very much appreciate the help mate!

« Reply #3 on: 14 Feb 2013, 22:06 »
Hi
Try the attached in test mode.
Download Match Score must be switched on in settings
Match Odds markets should be loaded and refreshing before kick off.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 14 Feb 2013, 22:16 »
Thanks will do.

Appreciate the help.

One quick Q, I notice in the triggers you specify back book <105%, is that to ensure that competitive odds are always on offer (ie minimise the books over round)?

Just trying to pick up as much info as possible in the hope of eventually, at some point, coming up with a profitable strategy!

« Reply #5 on: 14 Feb 2013, 22:21 »
Correct. It is half time, so you should not have too much problem getting a fair price. I think you could drop the % down a bit to maybe less than 103%. In low liquidity matches it might not bet.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 08 Mar 2013, 20:12 »
MarkV (or anyone)

Is there a way I can only have this trigger to back on the match odds market? Or is there any way I can add to 'My Markets' only the match odds.

On going to 'add specific markets' then soccer (or soccer fixtures) then match odds and it seems to add every market that contains the string 'match odds'

This is including things like 'match odds and over 2.5' markets and the trigger is also picking them up

Thanks again for your help

« Reply #7 on: 08 Mar 2013, 23:28 »
Hi
There are probably a few ways to do it:
Markets name contains Match Odds - Match Odds
or
use exclusions in the Locator for the markets you don't want - see screenshot
or
add a Delete Market trigger at the start of the trigger file:
delete market
conditions:
market's name contains "Over"
or market's name contains "Half"
etc.

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 10 Mar 2013, 10:51 »
Thanks MarkV, that screenshot worked a treat.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE