Author Topic: [TR] backing trigger w/ staking plan  (Read 1845 times)

Tags:
  • All members
[TR] backing trigger w/ staking plan
« on: 03 Aug 2016, 08:59 »
Hi McBee, I am after a trigger similar to one you have already made for me (see attached), only this one is for backing a horse and has a couple of differences. Let me know if you understand what I am after...
The following features I want to be the same in this trigger as in the attached. There are 8 constants that I want to be the same and also a couple of other features.

1)   A minimum bet size
2)   Min number of runners
3)   Minutes to bet before the off
4)   Rank of favourite to bet on
5)   Min odds
6)   Max odds
7)   Minimum matched volume before triggering
8)   Memory of previous stake regardless of whether computer has been turned off or not.
It is NOT dependent on previous market being settled in Betfair.
It MUST work independently of other triggers operating on the same race i.e the staking plan is based on this trigger and NOT on the P/L of that race (that might include other triggers’results).

These are the differences for this trigger:
1)   Backing the horse (not laying)
2)   There is a minimum stake but the stake increase/decrease is not equal or dependent on this. I want a constant that can nominate how much to increase or decrease stake by after a win or loss.
3)   After my selection loses, my stake increases by nominated amount
4)   After my selection wins, my stake decreases but not by the same amount each time. I want 3 brackets set up based on the odds of my winner that determines how much to decrease bet by. Eg if winner's dividend (or price) is between $1-2 decrease by 2, if priced between $2.1 – 3.3 decrease by 3, if priced $3.4+ decrease by 4.

• All members
Re: backing trigger w/ staking plan
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug 2016, 01:38 »
Hi, could you give me an idea of the timeframe I should expect for a free trigger.

• Administrator
Re: backing trigger w/ staking plan
« Reply #2 on: 06 Sep 2016, 13:53 »
Hello!

Please see your triggers attached. I have provided for the new constants and tested the triggers in all the conditions you have specified.

Make sure you've tried the triggers in Test Mode first.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Re: [TR] backing trigger w/ staking plan
« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2016, 04:46 »
Thanks Oxa, I have tried to add some more price brackets to this trigger but for some reason the trigger does not fire because of what I have added.
What have I done incorrectly?

I added some constants for the price brackets and also for the "deduct_after_win"brackets.
I then added these to the variable that reduces the stake after a win. I wrote them exactly as you did.

The trigger fires once but then after that it seems to get stuck at the point where it has to work out the next stake.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 11 Sep 2016, 03:39 »
Actually, ignore that last request. The format of the variable is just an excel IF formula so I worked it out based on that...

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 11 Sep 2016, 09:06 »
OK, glad that you sorted it out. If you need a range for some constants, just mention that beforehand next time, so that it could be added to the triggers.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE