Author Topic: [TR] Back/lay trigger on certain selections to run alongside existing trigger  (Read 2093 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi all

Any idea how i can modify a simple back and lay trigger to work on certain selections running alongside another trigger I use to place back bets on other selections?

Currently I import the selections from a text file so my current trigger only backs on those selections. I now want to add a back and lay trigger to work on different selections and I don't want one trigger applying itself to the other strategies selections.

I also want the back/lay trigger to create a free bet if the price has come in (so use same stake) BUT to equalise the loss across all selections if the price has gone out and to back and lay at certain times before the off.

Any help appreciated. cheers

• Élite
hi
can you please include your trigger to be altered.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Hi Mcbee

I haven't actually created one yet as i didn't want to start without having all the facts. I can see where I misled you though ;)

I just meant I was looking at modifying a simple back and lay trigger.

I'll try to be clearer on what I am after.

Back £10 at 10 minutes before the off

Lay £10 at 1 minute before the off if price has shortened otherwise distribute the loss across the field.

I want to somehow put the selections in a list (similar to import the selections function) that won't affect my simple back bet trigger (that does use the import selections function.)

Actually I'll attach my back bet trigger as thinking about it, if there are bets and trades in the same race I might have a problem.

• Élite
hi
how do you import your selections for this trigger.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Hi

I put the list of names in a text file and hit the import selections for auto trading button

• Élite
hi
sorry but your request cannot be completed, due to you using the import selection method as only your selected selections are been monitored all others are grayed out(not active).
the only way would be to change your import method to use the     is in file     condition.
will your second list have different selections.

mcbee

• All members
Ok. So if i use "is in file" for the two separate triggers I guess I should be able to make sure they don't confuse each other.

• All members
Hi

How can I set my lay trigger to put in a lay bet 1 minute before the off at the same amount as the previously matched back bet BUT only if the price is lower. If it's the same or higher I want it to scratch or distribute the loss across all runners. Basically I want to create a free bet on a selected runner.

Cheers

• Élite
hi
the trigger that you included , i will set to   is in list
i need to know exactly what you want with the back/lay trigger before i can start as any additions/alterations after completion, will need a new request, it is better to give all conditions required it saves me time and you new requests.

mcbee

• All members
Hi

Okay so for the trigger to run alongside the one you already have I need:

Back 10 minutes before the off
Lay 2 minutes before the off at same stake IF price has dropped IF NOT then distribute the loss across all runners (red up) or scratch
Selections need to be entered manually somehow similar to your suggestion above of "is in list"

That's it really. Thanks for your help

• Élite
hi
here is your trigger,in the constants you can set.
Bet amount for sels2 file
Minutes before the start time to place the sels2 bets
Minutes before the start time to distribute loss for the sels2 bets
Minimum back price for sels2
Maximum back price for sels2

you will need to create 2 files , say   sels1 and sels2 on your desktop or wherever you want,then when you run the trigger for the first time you will have to give the location for sels1 file and sels2 file.

please use test mode until you are happy with your settings

mcbee

download the trigger below

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE