Author Topic: back/lay  (Read 33361 times)

Tags:
  • All members
back/lay
« on: 27 Sep 2014, 09:42 »
Hi all,
I am using a back lay stop loss trigger.
What condition do i need to stop the back trigger firing again if the selection ever goes below 1.2.
thanks

• All members
Re: back/lay
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2014, 12:05 »
try this.
and selection is equal or greater than 1.20
R
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2014, 20:12 »
Hi and thanks,
Just to clarify, I want a condition that will stop the back trigger ever again firing on that selection if it goes below 1.2 at any time.
Keith

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2014, 11:08 »
maybe i should say, recurring back trigger

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2014, 11:45 »
I might be missing something but would setting the trigger to 'once per selection' not work?

« Reply #5 on: 28 Sep 2014, 12:20 »
Hi
I would suggest recording the lowest back price achieved by the selection and setting a condition to close the block (repeat your triggers) if the lowest recorded back price is equal or greater than 1.20.

You can do this using variable minbp_{minutes} but this depends on the markets history depth setting:
Settings > Monitoring Options > Default markets history depth
If you are going to monitor the lowest back price for an extended period, it might be better to record the lowest back price in a user variable. See screenshot.

So your Close Block (repeat trigger block) condition would be:
selections trigger expression minbp_{minutes} is equal or greater than 1.20
or if you are recording in a variable e.g. mnp:
selections trigger expression mnp is equal or greater than 1.20
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 30 Sep 2014, 12:43 »
Hi MarkV

Thanks your help.
Your trigger is causing the "close block" not to fire at all.
Would you mind taking a look and tell me what i am doing wrong.
Keith

• Élite
« Reply #7 on: 30 Sep 2014, 13:25 »
hi
where it say's       {minutes} 
you need to put a number, like this minbp_1
the 1 = 1 minute

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #8 on: 30 Sep 2014, 13:33 »
Hi
  • the block was set to repeat just once
  • the minbp condition was using the wrong syntax and you were using a user variable mnp. I have changed it so it uses mnp only and put the condition in the lay trigger, or you can use minbp with the syntax mcbee explains above
  • changed the names of some of the triggers so they don't contain strange characters which can mess up logging
  • I have put some more conditions in the close block to make sure the triggers repeat correctly after there are no unmatched bets left, otherwise it would repeat laying without greening.
  • tested the basic operation of the trigger and it looks fine

modified trigger file attached
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 30 Sep 2014, 13:47 »
Hi,
Of course you do. I can be so dumb sometimes.
Thank you both for all your help.
Keith

• Élite
« Reply #10 on: 30 Sep 2014, 15:04 »
hi
also you need to change the   is equal or greater than    to   is equal or less than  , for 1.20 or less.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 11 Oct 2014, 21:54 »
Hi again,

Still working on this trigger!
Can somebody tell me what condition i need to stop it firing on another selection other than the initial selection.

Thanks

« Reply #12 on: 12 Oct 2014, 14:09 »
Hi
Probably several ways to do this such as remembering, user variable, index etc. In the attached screenshot I have used lay matched.

Change the laying trigger's selection box to "first matching selection" and add the conditions as shown.

The first time the trigger runs it will lay the favourite
Thereafter it will lay the selection with a matched lay amount.

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 13 Oct 2014, 00:17 »
Thank you for your help MarkV

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE