Author Topic: Bet and Cancel Multiple Times  (Read 3178 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Bet and Cancel Multiple Times
« on: 15 Jun 2013, 21:19 »
Hi there,

I just want to place a lay bet initially, let's say at 5.0. If the price goes higher by a number of ticks (for instance 3) I want to cancel the bet and place a new bet (i.e cancel the [email protected] and lay again at 5.3). I have managed to do so but the cancel and place bet operation works only once. If the price keeps increasing to let's say 5.6 I want to cancel again and lay again higher. Any idea on this? Thanks for your help in advance.

Kind regards,

Kostas

Re: Bet and Cancel Multiple Times
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2013, 22:22 »
Hi
There are probably several ways to do this, but please try the attached trigger in test mode.
It will lay the favourite 3 ticks below current lay price and will cancel and resubmit the lay bet if the price moves higher.
You can set the number of increase ticks in the constant.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jun 2013, 19:41 »
Hi MarkV,

Many thanks for your prompt reply and for helping me out with this. Apologies for not replying earlier but I had to test the trigger first before doing so.

The trigger cancels the bets and rebets at the desired prices but it seems that it does so only for a limited number of times and does not really chase the prices until it matches the bet.

Best regards,

Kostas

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun 2013, 20:26 »
Hi
So long as the price keeps rising, it will cancel and resubmit at the next higher price. If the price falls, the last unmatched bet will get matched.

In version 2 I have added another constant which is the tick difference for the lay bets. You can adjust this if you want to.

Because the trigger relies on counting ticks differences, if there is a gap in the prices, the tick count is not accurate. In version 3 I have included a condition which checks the gap between back and lay prices is 1 tick, otherwise it will not bet / cancel.

If this is not what you want, please describe better how you see the bets getting matched.

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 01 Jul 2013, 19:06 »
Thanks MarkV. Your help is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Kostas

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE