Author Topic: Betting delay  (Read 1568 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Betting delay
« on: 30 Jan 2016, 12:05 »
Hi all,
I am curious about how much of a delay there is when placing in play bets for amounts under £2 compared to £2 and over. Will the larger amounts be placed quicker?

Many thanks,

Re: Betting delay
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2016, 12:46 »
Hi
Considerable. At least 3 x longer because placing a bet below the minimum involves 3 separate transactions, plus each transaction's internet latency etc.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2016, 10:28 »
Thanks for the information. I do wonder if the delay helps my trigger in-play, has anybody had to adapt a trigger to compensate for the reduction in betting delay?

Would using two identical triggers (one for £1.99 and one for £0.51) still include a delay or would the program combine them into a bet over £2 (£2.50)?

Thanks again.

« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2016, 16:55 »
Hi
£1.99 and £0.51 bets are still below the minimum, so to place those 2 bets would take 6 times longer than a single bet of £2.50.

Just so you understand how a bet below the minimum is placed, let's say you want a back bet of £0.50:
  • Place a back bet of £2.00 at a price of 1000 so it is unmatched
  • Edit the existing bet amount to £2.50. This now appears on Betfair as two unmatched bets £2.00 and £0.50 at a price of 1000
  • Cancel the unmatched bet for £2.00 and adjust the odds on £0.50 unmatched bet

A bet amount of £2.00 or more will reach the market much quicker than a bet below £2.00

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2016, 18:13 »
Hopefully someone will spot this, I didn't want to clog up the forum with a new thread.

Does the "synchronise local date and time with Betfairs" work accurately? I am trying to track the delay between a trigger firing and a bet being placed. However, it doesn't seem to make sense. On my trigger logs I have a bet placed at 17:43:01 but on the Betfair website it says that the bet was placed at 17:42:59.

Any ideas?

Regards

« Reply #5 on: 15 Mar 2016, 19:36 »
Hi
Sounds like the frequency of updating the list of bets, have a look in your settings what it is set to.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE