Author Topic: Can't Get Trigger Working  (Read 2578 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Can't Get Trigger Working
« on: 20 May 2021, 09:55 »
Morning all,

I am trying to get this trigger to work and can't seem to get it right.

It should lay the correct score at 3 different odds.

It should read market selections from a file every 15 seconds.

I am not sure if the problem is with the naming of the selections in my file or the file location or the trigger itself.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Neil

• All members
Re: Can't Get Trigger Working
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2021, 10:30 »
Is anyone able to help with this?

Thanks

« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2021, 15:43 »
Hi
There is some ambiguity in the trigger. Please can you describe exactly what you want the trigger to do. 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2021, 17:23 »
Hi Mark,

The trigger should lay the correct score are 3 different odds, as and when the CS market reaches those odds throughout the game.

Ie when the CS is at odds of 5 place a lay bet, when the CS is at odds of 4 play a lay bet and so on.

If a goal is scored after any of the lays then no further bets are placed.

It should import the required games from a file, checking every 15 seconds for new games.

Does this make sense?

« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2021, 11:47 »
Hi
I have tested the the trigger.
The laying trigger looks like it is working as per your description, so the problem is in the automatic "importation" of the markets.

As it stands, the trigger requires all CS markets for the day to be in My Markets. Then the condition to check for "market_parent" is in file works correctly.

The better way to do this is to set up a Market Locator template and run it in the Scheduler, see screenshots attached. I tested this and it pulls in all new markets which are added to the text file. The only thing is the frequency of the scheduled search for new markets will be once every 3 minutes (0.05hr). If you set this up there is no need for the market_parent is in file condition, but you can also leave it in as a double-check.

Also, the laying trigger is a repeating trigger and it might be worth putting in a safety condition to check the number of bets to prevent uncontrolled repetition. e.g. markets number of matched lay bets is less than 3    
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2021, 14:15 »
Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for this, it makes sense.

The problem I am having is getting the trigger to read any of the games from the file.

I am inputting the selections exactly as per betfair but they are not triggering.

Can I just confirm that I load the required CS markets.

I then change the path name of my file within the trigger.

I then press the automatically input selections button and again point it to the file with the selections and choose refresh every 15 seconds.

Am I missing something as I just can’t get this to work.

Thanks

« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2021, 16:22 »
Hi
No, those are two separate and different procedures.

The Import Selections button is not what is proposed here because that is used for importing "selections" from a file to trigger on. e.g. "Dundalk", or "1 - 0" , or "Over 2.5 Goals" are the selection names.

But for your triggers you are looking to import part of the market name from the text file e.g. "Manchester City v Wolves"  which is not a "selection", but it is the market_parent

this is a full market_name
"Soccer - Todays Fixtures / St Patricks v Dundalk / Correct Score - Correct Score"

this is the market_parent
"St Patricks v Dundalk"

and the condition checks the text file for the market_parent

the format for the text file should be:

"St Patricks v Dundalk"
"Genoa v Udinese"
"Russia v Sweden"
"Sarpsborg v Kristiansund"
"Salernitana v Rezzato"
"Ingolstadt v VfL Osnabruck"

The text file can be in any location. Your trigger worked fine when I tested it. Please try it again as follows:

• set the path to the text file in the trigger and save the trigger
  • load correct score markets into My Markets
  • make sure the markets are refreshing say from 1 minute before the start (you don't need a high refresh rate, 10 secs should be fine)
  • run the trigger

« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2021, 17:38 »
attached is a screenshot showing your trigger working in a high scoring game in time machine.
the market_parent was read from the text file
prices were not in range at 0 - 0 
the trigger fired in the first two lays on 1 - 0 at the appropriate prices
the second goal came and no further bets 

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2021, 19:13 »
Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for this.

It really is greatly appreciated.

One final question for you I take it that the asterix in front of the team name as a wild card does not work on these selections only on the import selections from a file?

Thanks 

« Reply #9 on: 28 May 2021, 10:16 »
 the asterix in front of the team name as a wild card does not work on these selections only on the import selections from a file?
Hi
Yes that's right. Fuzzy search is available for importing selections, but not for trigger conditions that check exact strings.

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 28 May 2021, 10:17 »
Thanks, Mark and I take it there is no way of inputting any kind of wildcard?

« Reply #11 on: 28 May 2021, 11:50 »
Not that I know of.

If it is of any use, if you set up the market locator template described above you don't have to use the full market names in the text file.

for example:

markets name contains values in file

"St Patricks v Dundalk"
"Genoa v Udinese"
"Russia v Sweden"

will also work as text file contents

"St Pat"
"Genoa v Ud"
"Sweden"

although this could include markets you may not want to trigger in.

Because the import process with fuzzy search requires a named "selection" and you are trading in CS markets, the only other way I can think of for the text file import is a text file like this:

["Team 1 v Team 2/Correct Score"]"0 - 0"
["Team 1 v Team 2/Correct Score"]"0 - 1"
["Team 1 v Team 2/Correct Score"]"0 - 2"
["Team 1 v Team 2/Correct Score"]"0 - 3"
["Team 1 v Team 2/Correct Score"]"1 - 0"
etc.....

this process is outlined in the helpfile

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 28 May 2021, 19:43 »
Thanks Mark.

Yes, loading the markets is no problem but it would be the team names that are to be bet would be the issue.

Thanks again for your help.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE