Author Topic: Can't trade out  (Read 947 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Can't trade out
« on: 13 May 2022, 21:32 »
I have this as my exit criteria, and I expect it to trigger at the start of the 2nd set. However, it doesn't.

These are the logs.  As you can see, the final of the 3 OR statements is true.  So I expected it to fire due to the 3 blocks being OR blocks.

I assumed it was getting stuck in one of the blocks above it because one of them prints "Remaining conditions in the block will not be checked". I tried moving the OR block to the top of the blocks, but nothing different happens, and the message detailing that nothing else will be checked is at the end instead.

Re: Can't trade out
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2022, 09:55 »
Hi
Trade out will execute if there is a profit or loss on a selection that can actually be hedged. e.g. prices are offered in the market, or your initial bet amount can be hedged without going below betfair minimum

The logic of the conditions seems ok. You can test the conditions in test mode by changing the action from trade out, to any other action that will do something which is non-dependent on hedging requirements. e.g. back or write to action log. If the trigger executes then your conditions are good.

In the settings, if you turn on log trigger expressions, all the maths is visible which can help a lot. Best turn it off when you are finished as logging trigger expressions is resource hungry. 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2022, 21:18 »
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your message.  I have run a few tests and I see what you mean now (I think).

If the P/L on each player is equalisable, it will equalise it like this:

Will be equalised to:

My strategy actually tries to gain a free bet on one side first, then equalise profits later down the line.  So my strategy never trades out when this has been done:

In the case that I have £0 on one side, and profit or loss on the other, how would I go about equalising if I cannot use Trade Out?

« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2022, 16:29 »
Hi
Trade out action will work perfectly on your opening bet without the closing freebet bet.

If you do go for a freebet you can hedge this by using Distribute Profit action.

The attached trigger is a "manual" trade out which will hedge a freebet which is in profit or loss. You can modify it for your own use, or use the formulas in your own triggers. Please test in test mode first.     

Depending of your trade amounts, sometimes the bets placed to hedge a freebet will be below Betfair minimum so just be aware of this.

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2022, 20:34 »
That works. Thanks again Mark :)

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE