Author Topic: can anyone help me understand this condition?  (Read 2424 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
can anyone help me understand this condition?
« on: 18 Nov 2014, 14:31 »
I have a load of selection criteria in a trigger.  If they result in a selection, the one last check I want to make is that no OTHER selection is less than a certain imported amount.

I added the condition at the end,

"and not Any Other Selection's Back Price is equal or less than 0.5*imported_1"

thinking that would do it - as it reads like that to me. 

However, see the attached log section, it only considers the one selection and not all the OTHERS as stated.  If anyone can help me understand why it is doing this or how I should achieve my desired effect, suggestions gratefully received.
Thanks

Re: can anyone help me understand this condition?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2014, 19:30 »
Hi,
Yeah, I thought I had this and then I confused myself with the AND NOT bit. But that really doesnt matter to this I think.

In the trigger firing selection section, what selection have you opted for ie, first matching selection, first unmatching selection, favourite etc?

As far as I am aware, if its All Matching Selections, it would check them all. If its first matching selection, it will only be displaying the first matching selection.

I could write you a quick trigger as an example of this working if you would need that.

larp

• Élite
« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2014, 19:53 »
hi
i do not understan why you have put   and not
why did you not use a standard condition
and all other selections back price is greater than 0.5*imported_1
so if you have a selection then ALL other selections back price must bet greater than 0.5*imported_1
unless i have read it wrong.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2014, 20:44 »
 ;D ;D ;D

I dont feel so bad now that you have Mcbee confused too :)

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2014, 21:41 »
Thanks guys - it is just the way our brains work - I want to place the bet unless one selection happens to be at much lower odds than I predicted - hence the AND NOT

but you are quite right of course I can say AND ALL other selections > xyz

To me they should amount to the same thing but I think someone else was finding that the AND NOT is in list was also not working so perhaps there is a bug somewhere in this or we are just misunderstanding the intended logic of the condition.

Anyway I have something to try now - thanks.

« Reply #5 on: 18 Nov 2014, 23:14 »
Hi,

I tried this out for a while, one is for AND and the other one AND NOT.

Both worked. Interesting watching the trigger, sometimes it comes back and tells you the conditions are inverted, which only added to the confusion

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE