Author Topic: Can This Be Done?  (Read 1808 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Can This Be Done?
« on: 09 Jan 2016, 11:49 »
Is it possible to use the length of a market (race) as the starting trigger point, dived by a number? In other words, race is 2000 metres, divided by 2 would equate to 1min, so no bets placed until after the first minute. Failing this, a way of stating approximate race lengths and timings before a trigger starting?

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Re: Can This Be Done?
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jan 2016, 13:07 »
Why not, you decide.
But in my opinion the race time depends on more parameters than the length (nov., handicap, weather, etc.)
For example, we have a service (currently in beta) based on our TimeMachine data (15000+ meetings) that tries to predict the race time (the numbers show range in seconds).
As you can see even these numbers (based on more parameters than the length) have quite wide range of values and couldn't be useful, I think.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jul 2016, 07:28 »
Hi Tim,

Can you please explain what the two figures mean. I find it very interesting.

Is it possible to make  the predicted race times available as a market trigger variable? It would help even it it is not so accurate.

Cheers,
Andreas

« Reply #3 on: 08 Jul 2016, 13:39 »
Hi
Please have a look at the attached trigger which was developed by mcbee.
If you put the variable TimeToEnd in the viewer, you can see the estimated time left in the race updated live.
There is a sample trigger in the file that shows how to use it.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 09 Jul 2016, 09:38 »
Hi Mark,

I've tried the trigger and the calculated race times are quite good but of course those are static times. For example they won't work if Actual Going is Heavy. Anyway, that's a very useful trigger.

However, a hard coded market variable that could be used in triggers would be nice to have, especially if it automatically adjusts to Actual Going conditions.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE