Author Topic: Cancel lay from trigger ONLY  (Read 684 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Cancel lay from trigger ONLY
« on: 21 Oct 2022, 15:41 »
I'm having a little difficulty cancelling lays from a specific trigger.

I have various triggers that place unmatched bets, and sometimes bet on the same matches.

Each trigger has a Cancel Unmatched Bet if something happens.  Conditions aren't the same for every trigger.

What is currently happening is, if a cancel is triggered in 1 trigger, it will cancel all bets of that type.  So "cancel lay" will cancel all lays for that match.

How do I overcome this?  I want to only cancel the lay from a specific block.

Re: Cancel lay from trigger ONLY
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2022, 17:53 »
Hi
Have a look at the Cancel Lay action "more options"
I don't think it is possible to cancel by an originating trigger, but cancel filtering is possible by price or amount ranges and bet persistence type.

Say there are 2 unmatched lay bets at -5 ticks and -10 ticks below best lay price. The attached screenshot example will cancel just the -5 tick lay leaving the -10 tick lay in the market.

I think it could be possible to enhance this range filtering by using user variables that have been set in the lay bet originating trigger (e.g. price or amount of unmatched lay) though I've not tried that yet.  
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2022, 19:31 »
Hi Mark,

What about imported variables?  If I can access them, I will know the exact price of the unmatched bet?

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2022, 21:34 »
That worked with imported vals!  Thanks Mark.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE