Author Topic: Cancel unmatched bets when using distribute loss between selections  (Read 1494 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi Guys,

I have what is hopefully a simple question.... but i can't seem to find the answer.

Given i have a matched lay.
I then place a back - at high odds but to be taken at SP, as a catch-all.

I generally expect the "distribute loss between selections - trailing stop" to take a profit\limit my loss.
My question is how do i cancel the unmatched back bet when the distribute loss triggers?

Chat soon,
 Bruce

Hi
I think this will work, but please test it in test mode first:
add a second action to you distribute loss trigger: cancel back, More options: tick only bets that will be matched at SP, and perhaps also add a price range outside of your distribute loss price range.

If the above does not work, add another trigger after the DL:
cancel back, More options: tick only bets that will be matched at SP
condition: trigger <name of your DL trigger> number of runs is greater than 0
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Thanks for the help.

Ok, i've had a bit of time to test your suggestions.

The first option does not work. The distribute-loss function has no conditions and therefore runs every cycle.  The cancel was therefore triggering immediately.

The second option seems to work. This is the one in which we create a separate trigger which is conditional on the distribute-loss having triggered.  The fact that this works challenges my understanding of when a trigger has run. I thought if the conditions, as defined in the right-hand side of the trigger were met it was deemed to have been executed.  But now this is not the complete story: its also dependent on the specific action i.e. distribute-loss, green-up.

As an aside I created a trigger containing a  green-up followed by a distribute-loss... I also selected execute to "once per selection". The interesting fact (well to me it was interesting) was this trigger could execute twice per selection... once for the green-up and once for the distribute-loss at different cycle times. I, however, was expecting it to execute once only i.e. either the green-up or the distributive-loss.

It what i'm describing how it should work?

Chat soon,
 Drab

• Élite
hi
add a condition to your green and dist triggers
and trigger (name of your green or dist trigger) number of runs is equal to 0
so your green trigger would be , and trigger (dist loss trigger name) number of runs is equal to 0
and your dist loss trigger would be , and trigger (green trigger name) number of runs is equal to 0

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Thanks mcbee!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE