Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 15 Jul 2014
  • The betting trigger executes on previous triggered market settlement and does not wait for the winners name.

Would it be possible for you to attach a log from the betting trigger, so that I could check how it processes that condition?
  • #17 by henrysdad on 15 Jul 2014
  • Hi Oxa,

Please see the attached 2 trigger logs.  If you look at the timings you will see that the 1455 Sligo race settled at 1502.28 and the winner is not identified until 1504.35 allowing the back and lay stakes to be updated.
    However the 1500 Perth race betting trigger executes at 1502.30 before the winner has been identified and therefore backs and lays using the same stakes as in the previous triggered event.
  • #18 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 17 Jul 2014
  • Hi henrysdad,

But I don't see the condition I advised you upon in the list of conditions checked in the log.

Selection's Trigger Expression winner_name is not " "
  • #19 by henrysdad on 17 Jul 2014
  • Hi Oxa,

The betting trigger 1500 Perth contains the condition

Selection's Trigger Expression winner_name is not " "

What I hope I have demonstrated with the 2 attachments is that bets were placed on the 1500 before the winner from the previous triggered event (1455 Sligo) was identified and therefore winner_name should have been empty.

Unless you are saying I should have the condition Selection's Trigger Expression winner_name is not " " in the triggers that are updating the back and lay amounts.
  • #20 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 19 Jul 2014
  • Hi henrysdad,

I pondered over your triggers a little and came up with a solution. The betting trigger has to fire only after one of the key triggers has worked - either the one updating the bet after a loss or the one updating it after a win. So I added a flag that is set in both those triggers, and I check this flag in the betting trigger, and I also insured that the triggers updating the bet are only enabled once the winner is determined. I took your latest trigger file and made changes to it. If you have since then altered it, please copy the changes in triggers:

- betting
    - updating the total won or lost if selection loses
    - updating the total won or lost if selection wins

And also add the constant prv_wnr as in the attached file.
  • #21 by henrysdad on 23 Jul 2014
  • Hi Oxa,

Brilliant!!!  Completed a full day of real mode testing yesterday and all is working perfectly.  Thank you for your excellent support and in particular your perseverance.
Pages:
Actions