Author Topic: Cashing out  (Read 1615 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Cashing out
« on: 13 May 2016, 16:28 »
Hello all
Can anyone help me with what the difference is between:

1. Green up button on the ladder
2. Trade out all button in Engineer mode
3. Distribute profit button in the betting interface?

Many thanks
O

Re: Cashing out
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2016, 17:01 »
Hi
Green up button places the closing bet for a trade with amount calculated to have an even profit across all selections.
Trade Out All button closes all open trades on all selections immediately, by either greening up a selection if possible, or distributing the loss on a selection.
Distribute Profit button, distributes the profit on a single selection equally across all selections. Used for example if you have a back and lay with same amount, i.e. a Freebet and profit only on that selection, you can even the profit out across all selections (greening-up the Freebet) using this button.

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2016, 19:47 »
Thanks Mark
I can see that "trade out all" is different because it gets you out of a market completely, whether for profit or loss.
Not sure I understand what the difference between "green up" and "distribute profit" is though?  Or is that "green up" places a trade to try to create a profit, but "distribute profit" requires that I am already in a cash out positive situation?  But what I'm really interested in is what happens in the following situation:
Three horse race. Back and lay selection 1, so that I have a profit on that selection only.  Selections 2 and 3 showing no profit or loss.
So the easiest way to green up is now to lay selection 1.  But do any of the three buttons allow a back of selections 2 and 3 instead, if that produces more profit, or a combination of laying 1 and backing 2 and 3 if that is most profitable?

« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2016, 06:50 »
Hi
I don't think the buttons will be that "intelligent". Checking the manual, the Distribute Profit Action places a lay bet on the qualifying selection, and that's what it will do. If you want to check if there is more profit available, a trigger is better, using for example market_max_pl. 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE