Author Topic: Check multiple markets for unsettled bets  (Read 854 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Check multiple markets for unsettled bets
« on: 05 Feb 2020, 20:54 »
Hi

I'm hoping one of the many forum users who has a greater understanding of the triggers can help me out.

I'm playing with a trigger based on the over/under martingale trigger available on the site. 

My aim is to switch from a goal offset of +1.5 to +0.5 towards the end of the match but only put a bet on if there are not unsettled bets on the higher up markets. If there are late goals I've noticed the odds on the +1.5 market are too much of a risk. Through a simple set of conditions I think I've got this part working but my problem is with preventing the bet being placed if I still have an unsettled bet on a +1.5 goal offset market.

Example: For arguments sake, the score at half time is 1-0. At 60 minutes (when my trigger is set to start) I would bet on the +1.5 market (1+0+1.5), so 2.5 over/under market in this case. After 80 minutes, I switch to the +0.5 markets but my trigger is putting a bet on the 1.5 over/under market even with an unsettled bet on the 2.5 o/u market. As it tries to chase any potential losses, the liability on the 1.5 o/u market is higher and there is a greater chance of it losing than the existing bet on the 2.5 o/u market due to only needing 1 goal to lose.

What I need help with (sorry it's took so long to get to the point) is a condition that checks the next market, 2.5 o/u in this example, to make sure there is no unsettled bet before placing the bet on the 1.5 o/u market. 

I tried adding a condition: Selction's Trigger Expression football(6+market_score1+market_score2+1)_s_2_lay_matched is equal to 0
but obviously wasn’t as easy as that. I probably want to create a variable that I can append to the market name but is that even possible?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Administrator
Re: Check multiple markets for unsettled bets
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2020, 15:41 »
Hello!

Yes, it' tricky: the index in the footballX_ prefix cannot be represented with a trigger expression.

What I'd recommend is to write down the current market code each time a bet is made. So introduce a new variable, e.g. "last_code", with the scope of the current event. Add another action to the "laying" trigger and set last_code to market_code.

Then in that same laying trigger check the following condition:

and Selection's Trigger Expression market_code is equal or greater than last_code

What's going on here is you make sure that the bet will not be made if a trigger has already placed a bet in a market with a higher number of goals (if I understand your intention correctly).
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2020, 19:27 »
Oxa,

Firstly thanks for taking the time to post your advice and knowledge.

Since posting my question I have been playing around with various ideas on how to do this and seem to be at the stage where the trigger is currently working as expected. Reading through your suggestion I don't think my solution is a million miles away from the mark but yours may be more elegant. In the spirit of the forum, I'll share my findings which may (or may not) give other people some ideas as to what can be achieved with Marketfeeder Pro.

So, my approach was to add a new Trigger to my strategy which activates quite often (not ideal) with a "set user variable" mkt_overs and a value of 6+market_score1+market_score2+1 to get the market 1.5 goals ahead of the current score line. 

To my "place bet trigger" which activates on the current score +0.5 market, I then added another condition "Selections Trigger Expression" football{mkt_overs}_s_2_lay_matched is equal to 0. 

As I stated earlier, it doesn't feel elegant but is doing what I expected and gave me a way to add the market number to the football prefix however I will give your suggestion a go as it seems a better way of implementing this and removes the need for me to check the current score line so often.

Thanks again!

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 20 Feb 2020, 13:42 »
Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge on this forum. It is most welcome here, as other users look for every bit of help they can find here.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE