Author Topic: Complete a trigger  (Read 4528 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Complete a trigger
« on: 05 May 2014, 17:45 »
Hi guys!

I had a trigger file which is trying to place bets according to the rules of the well known Little Acorn strategy. I tested it some days now and it looks like is working very well but it's missing a very important rule, that the bot shouldn't place any bet on Beaten favorites.

It's okay for me to do every single morning a list with the actual BFs for the day. I just don't know how to implement it into my working trigger file (which I attached) so that would be your big help.

Little Acorn strategy rules: Lay the favorite horse if:
  • it's NOT a Beaten favorite
  • it's price is between 1.5 to 2
  • the second favorite's price is no larger then 6
  • the third favorite's price is no larger then 10
  • Optional one: the favorite does not go well on the actual GOING (defined by Racingpost's POSTDATA feed)

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

• Élite
Re: Complete a trigger
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2014, 19:58 »
hi
it's NOT a Beaten favorite
sorry but this is not available yet in the silks conditions

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2014, 20:00 »
hi
the only way you can do this is if you make a list of beaton favourites then i could add the condition not to place a bet if it is in your list.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2014, 04:58 »
Thank You mcbee!

Yes I understand that I should do a list but it's not a problem, I will do it.

If you would do a sample list it would be the icing on the cake.
Or I just need to include those horses name in a txt file and save it to the according map of market feeder?

hi
the only way you can do this is if you make a list of beaton favourites then i could add the condition not to place a bet if it is in your list.

mcbee

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2014, 08:07 »
hi
here is your trigger to test.
in the constants you can set
initial bet amount
maximum number of steps
minimum lay price
maximum lay price
maximum lay price for the second favourite
maximum lay price for the third favourite
minutes before the start to place the bet

you will have to copy and paste the beaton favourites names from the racing post (make sure the only spaces are those between the name, not before or after) or type them manualy in the note pad,the location is in the downloads,please change it to where you want.
if the favourites price is within your settings and it is not in the list, then a lay bet will be placed.

please use test mode until you are happy with your settings

mcbee

download the trigger and file below

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2014, 17:35 »
Hi mcbee!

Thank you for your work, really nice job. The BF list works like a charm.

Since I test this strategy in market feeder with your help I can reduce my concerns to only one:
- the fibonacci sequence from one day to another is always broke and it can't continue from the last result I had.

It is maybe the characteristics of the test fund layout but when I close the software and next day restart it for another day of testing it is sometimes (not always) set back to the original 100 $ amount. When this happens I always re-adjust the test balance manually.

I check the statement and there are the results from previous days although it cannot continue the fibonacci sequence and start it from the original bet amount.

I already changed under the Account Statement the 'retrieving days' to 4 but no change in results.

For example when I move up the sequence ending the day with a loss at the 4th step next day it is starting again with the 1st step just as like I win last time.

Can you confirm me that this happens only in testing mode? Because than there is no further modifications needed to this trigger file.

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2014, 22:59 »
hi
you did not say that you wanted the staking plan to continue to the next day, the fib is designed for day to day.
i will see what needs altering and test.

mcbee

• Élite
« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2014, 08:40 »
hi
i have put the current_bet into the constants and set it to remember the last value.
so each day it will start with the last bet value from the previous day.

please use test mode

mcbee

download the trigger below

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 19 May 2014, 12:53 »
Hi mcbee!

Thank you very much for your help. I though it is an easy strategy to make it work in MF but as I look trough the trigger file I don't think I could ever possibly do it.

Thanks again,
Adam

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE