Author Topic: Complicated trigger criteria. Can it be done?  (Read 2821 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Complicated trigger criteria. Can it be done?
« on: 10 Jan 2016, 19:57 »
I would like some advice on whether the following trigger is possible:

About 5 seconds before the start of a race (or ideally the exchange SP) it should take the number of runners, the odds of the favourite and the odds of the second favourite and using a calculation formula I have developed generate a figure.

It should then using this figure (based on three constant values of division) calculate to lay x2 or back x1, x2 or x3 of regular set stake.

I have all this running in excel but can't do the input quick enough at the start of each race so was wondering whether marketfeeder triggers are capable?

If I haven't explained properly or more info is needed then please let me know.

Any and all advice/help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Jon

Re: Complicated trigger criteria. Can it be done?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2016, 21:27 »
Hi
Looks reasonably straightforward. Depending on your formula should certainly be able to come up with the figure based either on price 5 sec before the start or using BSP as soon as the market turns inplay. From what you have said so far I think the answer to your question is yes.

I think it could be done all in MF, or by sending the input you require to your Excel sheet.

If you would like a trigger developed for this you can try this service:
http://marketfeeder.co.uk/learn/triggers/trigger-development-service/

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2016, 21:56 »
Hi mark

Thanks for the quick reply unfortunately that link keeps sending me back to the forum home page.

In relation to my request the equation is fairly straight forward. I had another play around today but got as far as naming the variables but then got confused. Not sure in which section of the three block lists I need to put each part of the process.

Its a risky strategy but would love to see it automated properly as over time it seems to return a decent profit.I know I get one free trigger build and would love to see this one done.

Regards

Jon

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jan 2016, 22:25 »
Hi
I'm sending a message to the trigger developers that you cannot register you trigger request through the link.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2016, 08:30 »
Sorry, the link on the page was incorrect.
The correct one is
https://community.welldonesoft.com/marketfeeder-make-me-a-trigger/
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jan 2016, 22:01 »
OK
Thanks Guys.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jan 2016, 22:46 »
I have (best I can) put in the trigger request.

Here's hoping....

???

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE