Author Topic: Constantly updating list of horses  (Read 8812 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Constantly updating list of horses
« on: 04 Dec 2012, 15:35 »
I have run into a problem I cant seem to solve.  I have text file on my computer of horses to back.  This is fine and I can use the "is in the file" to place my bets but the list of runners is updated though out the day.  Please tell me there is a way for market feeder to look up the horses without me going in and re-saving the trigger each time the file is updated.

Thanks for your help

Re: Constantly updating list of horses
« Reply #1 on: 04 Dec 2012, 16:43 »
Hi
I was going to suggest Excel, but we have debated that before.

This topic might provide an option for you:
http://community.welldonesoft.com/general-discussion-12/automate-your-selwctions/
The link in there is not working, but you can find what is being discussed here:
http://www.winautomation.com/
if you search you can probably find some free macro recorders

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 04 Dec 2012, 20:15 »
Hi,

Thanks for that, so the only way is to have a macro program keep importing selections every 5 mins?

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 04 Dec 2012, 20:52 »
I'm afraid there is no other options.
Forwarded to developers - hope they'll find a solution.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 05 Dec 2012, 11:52 »
I think this a pretty must have feature, could be as simple as having a scheduled import selections feature. 

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 05 Dec 2012, 16:16 »
After a day of messing I cant use any macro program either because as soon as I close my remote desktop session the macros can no longer work.  I would really appreciate a fix for this.  Should be pretty simple I hope

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 06 Dec 2012, 10:02 »
I have found a way to get the selections into excel and update the sheet, can I use them from excel?

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 08 Dec 2012, 09:09 »
Anyone??

• Élite
« Reply #8 on: 08 Dec 2012, 10:12 »
hi
i don't use excel with mfp due to only having a laptop. it goes to slow for betting.
BUT this is from the manual.
11.4 Importing Selection Data From a Sheet
How to use: read section "Excel Options".
With the "Import Selection Cells" function you can match specific selections against the numbers or
strings that you prepared by yourself. For example, you are subscribed to a tipster service and
receive lists of expected prices every night. You want to compare tomorrow's races data to the
tipster's lists and lay if any selection's price is equal or greater than the expected odds.
With MF Pro it is easy to do this: you just need to insert all tipster's records in a separate
spreadsheet, with the names of selections being stored in the first column and their prices in the
next column. See below:
the manual   http://marketfeeder.co.uk/download/MF7_manual_eng.pdf

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 08 Dec 2012, 10:23 »
Hi Mcbee,

My list is updating all day long sometimes with only a couple of minutes before the race.  I have found a way to get excel to update the list of horses.  I need something like Back if sel_name is in the list in excel.  Can I do normal excel functions like v_lookup, the manual doesn't seem very clear on excel.  I am normally pretty good at working stuff out but it doesnt make too much sense to me. 

« Reply #10 on: 08 Dec 2012, 11:46 »
Hi
I think you could do what you want using Excel, however, expertise in this field is limited.
You would use Excel to to the lookups, VLOOKUP function as you mention, and pass information to and from MFP via Custom Cells. I believe you can also bet from within Excel using VBA

There are some topics on here which might be of help to you. If you have not done so, search excel.

One other item might be worth looking at is the trigger action write to excel. I don't know if you can make use of that somehow.

On the subject of the macro recorder, I think there are macro recorders that support remote desktop.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 08 Dec 2012, 12:51 »
I have looked through the past threads..  Could someone who knows about the excel give me a guiding hand through setting this up.  I know it should be fairly simple but I can't get my head around it at all.

• Élite
« Reply #12 on: 08 Dec 2012, 14:18 »
hi
you might be better to start a new topic asking for help with excel.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #13 on: 08 Dec 2012, 15:13 »
hi studio69
do you monitor the markets all day or a few mins before the start time.
i ask because every time a market is monitiored the triggers are active and should check the list until the trigger finds a selection then it will stop checking the list.
or is this the error with v7.
there is also another way around the problem.
that is to have your checking trigger in a seperate  block
and set the block to    no more often than   1 minute
this will restart the trigger every minute (or whatever you set)

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 08 Dec 2012, 16:41 »
Hi Mcbee,

I only start monitoring markets 2 mins before and all I want to do is back any horse in my list in excel.  The market will then be deleted when it goes in play, should be pretty straight forward.    So far I am making this work using gruss but I would rather use market feeder as I am more comfortable with it and it does so many things so much better.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE