Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by dailygrind on 22 Jun 2015
  • Hi, just starting to try and get my head around triggers.

How would I go about creating a trigger that would dutch the first three favourites ONLY if their back prices reflect a domiant market by those three. By this, I mean that they are clearly the top 3 picks and there is a sizable gap in the market to the back price of the fourth favourite.

I am reading the manual, but need a help along.
  • #2 by MarkV on 22 Jun 2015
  • Hi
    Some or all of these conditions should cover your requirement:
    selections rank is equal or less than 3
    and selections trigger expression match_b_book is greater than 60 (or your min back book % for the top 3 selections)
    and third favourites back price is less than r_ticks(r_4_back_price, -x)

where x is the minimum number of ticks difference between 3rd and 4th fav back prices

You can modify or use one of these triggers:
    http://marketfeederpro.com/learn/triggers/by-tag/tags/dutching/

• #3 by dailygrind on 23 Jun 2015
  • Thanks MarkV, that worked first time!

So how would I be able to bet a percentage of my wallet?
    And also how can I specify only to bet if profit is at a certain %?
  • #4 by VaultDweller on 23 Jun 2015
  • Percentage of your wallet is easy. Let's say 5%. You put amount to bet : balance * 0.05
  • #5 by MarkV on 23 Jun 2015
  • Hi
    The profitability of a dutch is determined by the book%

Example:
    If your back book % of selections in the back dutch is 99.5%, your profit if one of them wins will be 0.5%
    If your back book % of selections in the back dutch is 60%, your profit if one of them wins will be 40%

So to formulate the condition to specify a minimum profit % (say 25%):
    and selections trigger expression match_b_book is equal or less than 75

this condition should come after your conditions to choose the selections.

• #6 by dailygrind on 25 Jun 2015
  • Thanks MarkV, that makes sense.

If I don't use ticks but want to use prices, let's say I want the third favourite to be less than $7 and the fourth favourite to be greater than $15, would I word it like this?

AND third favourite's back price is equal or less than 7
    AND at least one selection's back price is equal or greater than r_4_back_price, 15

Is that how to specify the fourth favourite's price? Note, I want it's price to be greater than 15 at the same time as the third favourites price is less than 7.
  • #7 by MarkV on 25 Jun 2015
  • Hi
    You're not far off.

and third favourites back price is equal or less than 7
    and selections trigger expression r_4_back_price is equal or greater than 15

both conditions must be true for the trigger to fire.

incidentally you could do the same using:

and selections trigger expression r_3_back_price is equal or less than 7
    and selections trigger expression r_4_back_price is equal or greater than 15
  • #8 by dailygrind on 25 Jun 2015
  • Percentage of your wallet is easy. Let's say 5%. You put amount to bet : balance * 0.05

Thanks VaultDweller, good info. I can see now that you can also specify which wallet to use i.e aus_balance (or funds) or test_balance etc.
  • #9 by dailygrind on 02 Jul 2015
  • Hi
    Some or all of these conditions should cover your requirement:
    selections rank is equal or less than 3
    and selections trigger expression match_b_book is greater than 60 (or your min back book % for the top 3 selections)
    and third favourites back price is less than r_ticks(r_4_back_price, -x)

where x is the minimum number of ticks difference between 3rd and 4th fav back prices

You can modify or use one of these triggers:
    http://marketfeederpro.com/learn/triggers/by-tag/tags/dutching/

i am testing this trigger (in test mode) and noticed today that it placed a bet on just the favourite, rather than dutching the first three favourites. The log said
    "Checking condition and Selection's Rank is equal or less than 3.
    15:53:05   Condition is: TRUE. valid for 1 selections: 6. Vitalism."

And as all the other conditions were true a bet was placed on just this favourite, whereas it should have placed a dutch bet on the first three favourites.

What has happened here?
  • #10 by LarpHager on 02 Jul 2015
  • Hi,

In the trigger file, the selections option should be "All Matching Selections". Perhaps you had it set to "First Matching Selection"??
    • LarpHager
  • #11 by dailygrind on 02 Jul 2015
  • Thanks LarpHager, I have it set to "selection's rank is equal or less than 3". it does still dutch back the three favourites tho on this setting (at times anyway). I will try your suggestion.

Also had a problem on the race before this one whereby all conditions should have been matched but a bet was not placed. The favourite was definitely paying higher than $2 yet I received this log message.

Checking condition and Favourite's Back Price is greater than 2.
    15:19:14   Condition is: FALSE.

What could have gone wrong? I have checked it's price and it was definitely greater than 2.
  • #12 by LarpHager on 02 Jul 2015
  • Hi,

All the conditions of the trigger may not have been fulfilled at that point.

Also, I would include this condition on the dutching trigger.

and "selections Trigger Expression matching_number is equal to 3"

I have briefly tested a sample trigger for you using Marks suggestions and a bit of my own, and it is attached. Copy it into your own trigger and take what you need from it but do test it.

Larp
    • LarpHager
Pages:
Actions