Author Topic: Cross-Match greenup  (Read 2738 times)

Tags:
Cross-Match greenup
« on: 25 Nov 2012, 22:02 »
Hi
The auto-greenup function and greenup trigger action operate only on the same selection i.e. no cross-matching. So far as I can tell, cross-match odds are not available in MarketFeeder, even though there is a setting for this. This makes me wonder if we are missing out on greenup opportunities, especially in low liquidity markets.

Betfair’s website Cash Out button uses cross-matching or a standard greenup, whichever is available at that moment for you to cash out.

I would like to construct a greenup trigger which would operate in the same way as the cash out button. That is to seek out the first opportunity to greenup and take it. For example:
Back Under 2.5, greenup by Laying Under 2.5
or
Back Under 2.5, greenup by Backing Over 2.5

What would be the basis of the calculation needed for this kind of trigger? The first half is done (standard greenup), how do you work out a cross-match greenup?
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
Re: Cross-Match greenup
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2012, 06:24 »
Greenup functionality on cross markets derives a lot from "cross market surebets" . That means you must observe the cross market arbs at surebet service providers. There are a lot of cross market scenarios that might produce an arb , especially at "multileg" arbs.
Try www.rebelbetting.com and www.mathbet.com.
Especially mathbet provides a lot of multileg cross matching scenarios.

Regards,

Theodore

Re: Cross-Match greenup
« Reply #2 on: 27 Nov 2012, 08:44 »
Hi
Thanks for the information. I will look into it.
Sorry to hear of BF exit from Greece. I hope you find another way, but as suggested on the other topic please be careful.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE