Author Topic: Distribute Greening across selections ? [TCKT03062013SL]  (Read 2909 times)

Tags:
  • All members
I am guessing the terminology is wrong, but wondered if anybody has encountered this and how to overcome it.

I have a trigger that dutch lays three selections at SP (in-play) and attempts to back them when the price drifts at which point I green-up. This works so if I have three selections with an equal liability of £100 as each selection trades out then the book becomes green selection by selection. So a selection will have a £100 liability which will trade out to give me say £2 green profit leaving the remaining two selections with a £100 liability waiting to trade out (or not).

What I want to do however, is spread that profitable trade across the losing selections to reduce liability. So if one selection has the capability to green-up for £2 I would like to distribute that 'profit' across all layed selections to reduce my overall liability in-play (presumably by placing some back bets).

Now, I thought that distribute-loss would fulfill that for me, but it doesn't seem to work. So either I am executing it badly or doing entirely the wrong thing.

Any help or guidance is appreciated. I hope I haven't made that sound too complicated.

Thanks in advance for looking.

• Élite
Re: Distribute Greening across selections ?
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jun 2013, 18:02 »
hi
distribute-loss, is what is say's, it distributes the LOSS, but if you have 2 euro profit ,this cannot be a loss.
you need to use distribute-profit.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Re: Distribute Greening across selections ? [TCKT03062013SL]
« Reply #2 on: 04 Jun 2013, 08:27 »
Thanks McBee but this is where I am further confused, distribute profit (according to the manual) looks to place a lay bet, where I am looking to place one or two back bets against already laid selections. So if I have layed 3 selections and make £3 greening up one lay bet, I leave £1 of the profit on that selection and spread the remaining £2 evenly across the remaining two lays in the form of a back bet to reduce the exposure.

Does distribute profit do that ?

Thanks.

Out of interest I enabled distribute profit, and no bets are being placed. Logs say:

14:01:37   Can't distribute the profit. The P/L value is too small for selection "Captain Midnight".
14:01:37   Can't distribute the profit. The P/L value is too small for selection "Offshore Bond".
14:01:37   None of the selections qualifies for a distribute profit

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE