Author Topic: Dutch chaser  (Read 4086 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Dutch chaser
« on: 22 Jul 2013, 16:35 »
I've been playing with the dutch chaser trigger and wondered how i increase the profit,
I'm only getting a couple of pounds each time! what do i need to change and where,i assume stake but is there any thing else?

• All members
Re: Dutch chaser
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2013, 16:54 »
Also is their a way of cancelling the bets if all are not met at the off?

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2013, 17:30 »
Obviously, the matched bets cannot be cancelled but those yet to be matched can be. However, as the whole purpose of the trigger is to match all bets it's usually better to let the race run its course. I have, occasionally, placed additional bets to reduce my losses when it is clear that one of the unmatched runners seems to have a good chance of winning. So, I use the dutch chaser trigger as an automated trigger but monitor it "manually". I hope this makes sense.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2013, 17:45 »
Thanks Nigel,That's what i've been doing when i'm sat in front of it.What  happens if i change "number of ticks above current price for the initial bets","initial max book percentage " and initial payout size,basically i want to increase stake to increase profit?

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2013, 07:41 »
I've tried this trigger a few times and always have the same result...

It never places bets on all selections, It places bets on 1 to 3 selctions and then seems to do nothing. I am unsure what's going wrong?

Whitey
Yeah! :p

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jul 2013, 10:06 »
hi whitey your problem might be caused by not having allow small bets ticked check and see if you have it ticked

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 24 Jul 2013, 00:40 »
Hi yorkiemac08,

I might try that with tomorrows races... but isn't allowing small bets bad? I don't want to have my account closed.

Thanks,

Whitey
Yeah! :p

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2013, 06:44 »
For precise hedging it is sometimes necessary to place bets which fall below the Betfair minimum. Nobody is banned for this. Betfair do not put up with people placing large numbers of bets which are below the minimum so you should continue to use £ 2 as your  minimum stake.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE