Author Topic: Dutching formula that avoids betting below the minimum  (Read 918 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi Everyone

So this one has me scratching my head.  I dutch 3 horses to win a certain amount.  Sometimes this results in a bet being made that is below the £1 minimum that betfair allows.  Obviously I want to avoid doing this so that I don't get banned for placing bets that don't meet their terms and conditions.

The dutching options in MFP are brilliant, but unfortunately they don't account for this situation.  Does anyone have an idea as to what formula I would have to use instead, that would bump up any bet that was below £1, up to £1.

eg:  using a £5 total stake

Horse A has odds of 18 and needs a stake of £0.93p
Horse B has odds of 10 and needs a stake of £1.68p
Horse C has odds of 7 and needs a stake of £2.39p

I need the formula to make the bet on Horse A up from £0.93p to £1.00, without changing the other 2 amounts.  (I appreciate that it will effect the overall profit figure, but that's not a concern)  I think I need to insert some IF statements into the formula, but can't get my head around how to do it.

Thanks for any help

• All members
Re: Dutching formula that avoids betting below the minimum
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jul 2022, 08:15 »
I should clarify that I realise that the whole stake will go up as a result of this, so in the example I gave, rather than betting £5, the amount would rise to £5.07 as the stake on horse A has risen from £0.93p to £1.00

« Reply #2 on: 06 Jul 2022, 17:19 »
Hi
This topic contains a suggestion from Oxa on how to disallow a dutching if one or more stakes are below a quoted minimum.
https://community.welldonesoft.com/marketfeeder-suggestions/dutching-allow-small-bets/msg2561/#msg2561
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 07 Jul 2022, 12:01 »
Thanks for taking the time Mark to dig that post out for me.  I'll see if I can adapt it to make it raise any bet to £1 if it's going to be below that amount.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE