Author Topic: Dutching greyhound trigger modification help  (Read 6608 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Dutching greyhound trigger modification help
« on: 18 Feb 2014, 10:35 »
Hi all!
You can find attached a trigger modified by the original of mcbee to dutch 5 of 6 runners in Uk greyhound markets.
I guess if it's possible to add to this trigger a loss recoup option, to recover the 50% of the eventual loss over the next 2 races.
Thank you for your help.

Mattia

Re: Dutching greyhound trigger modification help
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2014, 15:41 »
Hi
The attached trigger will recoup any loss over the number of steps in the constant (preset as 2)
Constants you can change:
steps (number of steps in recoup cycle)
init_payout (Initial dutch to lose amount)
od (price difference between first 2/3 favs and others in points - as per mcbees original trigger)
mbo (minutes before off to do the dutch)
please leave any other constants as they are.

If you are dutching for small amounts, please ensure this setting is ticked:
Settings > Betting Options > Allow small bets

Please use test mode or Time Machine to test the trigger.

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2014, 18:15 »
Dear MarkV the,
I have been unsuccessfully trying to make two simple adjustments to the system.  Using only the Dutching trigger, I.  added the Global set user variables inside the trigger to allow dutching to take place over two markets and,  2.  Switch the options from back to lay in the Conditions.      I have also tried introducing the set user variable Global in a separate trigger.  I think the problem must be with the conditions or me.  Your advice will be warmly appreciated. 
Kind regards,
Tony

« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2014, 18:25 »
Dear MarkV the,
I have been unsuccessfully trying to make two simple adjustments to the system.  Using only the Dutching trigger, I.  added the Global set user variables inside the trigger to allow dutching to take place over two markets and,  2.  Switch the options from back to lay in the Conditions.      I have also tried introducing the set user variable Global in a separate trigger.  I think the problem must be with the conditions or me.  Your advice will be warmly appreciated.  
Kind regards,
Tony
Hi
Please can you describe exactly what you want the trigger to do and we'll take it from there. Is this related to your earlier topic?
http://community.welldonesoft.com/triggered-betting-10/triggers-for-dutching-markets/
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 19 Feb 2014, 08:00 »
Thank you very much MarkV.
I'am going to start testing it today.

Mattia

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 19 Feb 2014, 11:31 »
hi MarkV just an help more...
What should I configure if I don't want to dutch on a specified number of runners (in my last example was 5), but if I want that the dutch take place on the maximum number of runners possible?

6 runners, dutching is possible only backing on the first 3 - ok dutch
6 runners, dutching is possible only backing on the first 4 - ok dutch
6 runners, dutching is possible only backing on the first 5 - ok dutch
6 runners, dutching is possible backing on all- ok dutch

thank you very much, mattia.

« Reply #6 on: 19 Feb 2014, 12:15 »
hi MarkV just an help more...
What should I configure if I don't want to dutch on a specified number of runners (in my last example was 5), but if I want that the dutch take place on the maximum number of runners possible?

6 runners, dutching is possible only backing on the first 3 - ok dutch
6 runners, dutching is possible only backing on the first 4 - ok dutch
6 runners, dutching is possible only backing on the first 5 - ok dutch
6 runners, dutching is possible backing on all- ok dutch

thank you very much, mattia.
Hi
You cannot dutch all selections at best back price because the back book% will always be greater than 100% which means you will be in loss. If you take 1 selection out the book% becomes less than 100%

You can try to dutch back all selections at lay price, but there is a risk not all bets will be matched:
http://marketfeeder.co.uk/solutions/back-lay-dutching/back-dutch-lay-prices/

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 19 Feb 2014, 13:50 »
Dear Mattia,
Thank you very much for the reply.

In a race/market which offers three finishing places I would like to be able to Dutch lay the first favourite in the Win market @£10 with the third favourite in the Place market.  The size of the lay stake on the third favourite the Place market should be sufficient enough to cover the potential liability from laying the first favourite in Win market.

In a race which has only two finishing places I would like to be able to Dutch lay the first favourite in the Win market @£10 with the second favourite in the Place market.  The size of the lay stake on the second favourite in the Place market shouldror be sufficient enough to cover the potential liability from laying the second favourite in Win market.

Would it be possible to devise a trigger to just lay one or more additional selections, perhaps with a fixed liability and a maximum price range, be delayed to limit the amount of losses and/or improves the win rate?

On occasions I would like to place an additional Dutch lay the second favourite in the Win market with the second favourite in the place market and/or a Dutch lay the third favourite in the Win market with the third favourite in the place market, will he be necessary to open several instances of MF to avoid commands interfere with each other.  If the triggers to prevent or distort the situation can be done three or four separate blocks.

Kind regards,

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 19 Feb 2014, 13:53 »
Yes Mark I understand.
I don't want to back dutch all selection, what I want to do is to dutch all possible selction  with total book < 100%.
With a 6 race runners generally I could always dutch back on the first five runners
Assuming a 8 race runners I don't want to decide before if dutch on 5, 6 ore 7, I'd like to have the system to apply the "best dutch" excluding the last 1/2/3 selections.
Do you think it's possible ?

regards, Mattia.

« Reply #9 on: 19 Feb 2014, 14:00 »
Yes Mark I understand.
I don't want to back dutch all selection, what I want to do is to dutch all possible selction  with total book < 100%.
With a 6 race runners generally I could always dutch back on the first five runners
Assuming a 8 race runners I don't want to decide before if dutch on 5, 6 ore 7, I'd like to have the system to apply the "best dutch" excluding the last 1/2/3 selections.

regards, Mattia.
Hi
Yes, that is possible. I will do a trigger for this hopefully soon and post back here.

« Reply #10 on: 19 Feb 2014, 14:03 »
Dear Mattia,
Thank you very much for the reply.

In a race/market which offers three finishing places I would like to be able to Dutch lay the first favourite in the Win market @£10 with the third favourite in the Place market.  The size of the lay stake on the third favourite the Place market should be sufficient enough to cover the potential liability from laying the first favourite in Win market.

In a race which has only two finishing places I would like to be able to Dutch lay the first favourite in the Win market @£10 with the second favourite in the Place market.  The size of the lay stake on the second favourite in the Place market shouldror be sufficient enough to cover the potential liability from laying the second favourite in Win market.

Would it be possible to devise a trigger to just lay one or more additional selections, perhaps with a fixed liability and a maximum price range, be delayed to limit the amount of losses and/or improves the win rate?

On occasions I would like to place an additional Dutch lay the second favourite in the Win market with the second favourite in the place market and/or a Dutch lay the third favourite in the Win market with the third favourite in the place market, will he be necessary to open several instances of MF to avoid commands interfere with each other.  If the triggers to prevent or distort the situation can be done three or four separate blocks.

Kind regards,
Hi connieanne
OK, the description is similar to your other topic. I will reply to that one within a few days.

« Reply #11 on: 19 Feb 2014, 14:56 »
Yes Mark I understand.

regards, Mattia.
Hi
The attached trigger will Dutch all selections "from the top" to the best book% within the % specified in the constant: mybook.

For example:
mybook set to 99
it will Dutch all selections starting from the fav downwards until the book% is 99 or less.
The trigger includes recovery as before.
Please use test mode or Time Machine for testing it. 

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 19 Feb 2014, 15:04 »
Thank you Mark, I am going to test it.
Regards, Mattia.

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 19 Feb 2014, 17:15 »
Mark, just another question it's possible to add a costraint to limitate the dutch amount to back in case we set dutch back = win (instead of lose) thanks
mattia.

« Reply #14 on: 19 Feb 2014, 21:02 »
Mark, just another question it's possible to add a costraint to limitate the dutch amount to back in case we set dutch back = win (instead of lose) thanks
mattia.
Hi
I don't think so, because you do not know before the dutch the current prices and amounts required.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE