Author Topic: [TR] Dutching Triggers  (Read 1903 times)

Tags:
  • All members
[TR] Dutching Triggers
« on: 03 Feb 2017, 11:05 »
On the advice of Oxa I'm requesting a set of dutching triggers(?) to achieve the following.

I want to put a back bet in before the off (preferably at BSP) on 2 or 3 predetermined runners and lay off at half the matched bet back price to create £0 liability on the 2 or 3 runners matched and green on the rest of the field. Not sure of the maths behind it but that is the idea of what I want to achieve.

Cheers

• Élite
Re: Dutching Triggers
« Reply #1 on: 03 Feb 2017, 14:24 »
hi
sorry but this is not possible due to 99% of the time only one selection will reach half it's matched price , so you will always have 2 losing bets and the win amount on that one cannot cover the other 2 losses plus leave a profit on all other runners.
if this was possible the trigger would be worth millions due to either zero loss or profit a no lose situation , i wish that it was possible , would be nice to guarantee a profit.

mcbee  
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 03 Feb 2017, 14:57 »
Ok, can I have a trigger then for 1 selection. Back BSP before the off, lay in play at half the odds but stake so that there is zero liability on the selection and profit on the rest of the field. 

Thanks

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 03 Feb 2017, 17:41 »
I will make a set of these triggers and attach them here later.

What Mcbee meant is that you will probably have to play with the price of the lay bets as it is hard to realistically expect them to be matched as half the actual SP.

Please await your triggers in this topic.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 03 Feb 2017, 17:54 »
Thanks for that. Can you include a trigger for 1 selection too?

The theory is that I am selecting horses to run well and lower in price inplay (dobbing) on a 100% stake return basis but am trying to take advantage of the fact that not many go on to win so it will be more profitable to put the green on the other runners rather than my selections. There are occasions where I have multiple selections in the same race, hence the request.   

I've just checked my records and of the 4 races that had 2 selections, it was a fifty/fifty split in that 2 races both selections halved in price and 2 races only one did. 

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 03 Feb 2017, 17:59 »
For example, if I backed 1 horse at 10.0 for £40 and layed it at 5.0 for £96 i'd create £0 on my selection and £56 on the rest of the field.

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 10 Feb 2017, 16:18 »
hi
if you want a trigger for a single selection then you will have to request a new trigger as oxa is working on your dutch trigger.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 10 Feb 2017, 19:04 »
okay, no worries.

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 27 Feb 2017, 08:43 »
Hello!

Please see your triggers attached. In the constants you can set the maximum liability of the back bets (the first bets you place on one or more selections), the divisor for the prices of lay bets and the ranks of the selections you want to bet on. If you want to bet only on one selection, say, the third favourite, then simply set rank1, rank2 and rank3 to 3.
If you import your selections from the file (i.e. you do not choose them by rank), then delete the first condition (Selection's Rank is in list) from the trigger called "backing".

Mcbee is right, you have quite low chances to have all lay bets matched. Although you can try reducing the divisor and playing around with ranks of the horses to back on.

Make sure you have tested the triggers in Test Mode.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE