Author Topic: Excel betting  (Read 1930 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Excel betting
« on: 01 Sep 2014, 13:16 »
Hi,

i'm not sure where to post this question or set of questions but I will end up needing a trigger writing so might as well start here.

Can someone tell me how quickly market feeder pro refreshes prices in the excel copy ?

( example 200ms ).

If it refreshes the prices at this speed ( 1 market )< does or can the loop that controls excel run any quicker ?

If I have an external sheet that can recalc at 50ms and make decisions to send a bet,  I want marketfeeder pro just to send the bets for me and let me send bets as quickly as possible and at a fast rate.  Would anyone be able to tell me how quickly I can update cells in the sheet and have a bet sent ?  cleared and ready to be set to place another bet ?

Rgds
Jason,

thanks for your help in this.

Re: Excel betting
« Reply #1 on: 01 Sep 2014, 15:56 »
Hi
Well the software's best market refresh rate is 300ms.
The link to Excel which is old DDE technology will add some latency.

I just tried one market linked to Excel at 0.3 refresh rate and it looks like I'm getting about 2 refreshes per sec in Excel, maybe just a little quicker, but it is slower than the market refresh in the software.

So I think for 1 market only it will be around 400ms
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE