Author Topic: Excel Help  (Read 6913 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Excel Help
« on: 09 Dec 2012, 13:04 »
I am starting a fresh topic in the hope of getting some answers.  I have been using market feeder for years but never needed excel.  In excel I have a list of horses that I need to back, this list is automatically updated throughout the day.  I need to start monitoring each market 2 mins before the race and basically back any horse in my excel list.  I cant manually import the horses as the list is being updated through the day. 

Thanks in advance for you help

• All members
Re: Excel Help
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2012, 03:18 »
You can but not while MFPro is refreshing MSExcel else MFPro crashes.
To avoid this update outside a setting for start monitoring (eg 5minutes) or your triggering setting of 2mins you mentioned.
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 10 Dec 2012, 08:54 »
Ok cool, but how, I think I need some step by step instructions, I have read the manual 3 times now and cant work it out.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 10 Dec 2012, 12:11 »
So write your horses in column A
If you are not using rated prices that's all you need.
I think there is a video on the site
http://marketfeeder.co.uk/screenshots/export-cells-excel/
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2012, 12:40 »
Ok so if I write my selections in column A how do my triggers access them.  Sorry if I am coming across as stupid.  Can I put trigger conditons like Back if selections name is in Column A?

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 11 Dec 2012, 00:26 »
Yes you write conditions similar to this.
You may have [A] Frankel 5 [C] 1.7

cell_querymarket_id_P(sel_index*3+1) is equal to 5
back_price > (cell_querymarket_id_P(sel_index*3+2)

So you import excel cells via Settings>Excel>Import cells

Now you write triggers that access the sheet similar to above.
In this example you may want to back Frankel as a Back bet greater than $1.70
The 5 may mean a back bet. I use a column to identify the system I am using. So I combine 100's horses a day from 10's different systems, some back some lay. Identified by the number in col
Col [C] maybe my minimum price or maximum price.

The old manual 6 explains it best in my opinion.
Keep reading, you will get it. I was the same as you.
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 11 Dec 2012, 00:37 »
I don’t think you can use a condition to see if the name is in a column but you can to a cell.
So you could use the spread sheet to filter out the names.
Add custom cells
Sheet1!A1    s_1_sel_name
Sheet1!A2    s_2_sel_name
Use Excel to check column A with column B then put matching horse presuming there’s only one, into cell C1 
Then have a condition in the trigger “And selection’s trigger expression sel_name is equal to cell_Sheet1_C1”

This way you don't have to create a new market sheet for every market. Let me know if your stuck.
Regards

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 11 Dec 2012, 04:07 »
don’t think you can use a condition to see if the name is in a column but you can to a cell.

No, you import the names during Settings>Excel>Import Selections cells.
When you import your selections chose A1:C100 for example.
Sheet name> Sheet1
Range> A1:C100
Output starting> col [P]
On the worksheet to be imported in Cols & [C] you put your conditions you wanted checked. They will be transferred to P(sel_index*3+1) +2 etc.

Yes this does write a sheet for each race but it good for trouble shooting and fine tuning.

Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 11 Dec 2012, 07:54 »
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 11 Dec 2012, 13:23 »
Hi Guys, I really appreciate your help on this.  Unfortunately, I can't import the selections as they are being updated throughout the day, sometimes selections are added a couple of minutes before the start of the race.  Like I said I have managed to setup excel to automatically get the new selections every 2 mins, I just need to be able to access them using market feeder.

« Reply #10 on: 11 Dec 2012, 20:41 »
Hi
I tried Maddox suggestion. The attached screenshot should be helpful.
You might need to change some columns but this should start you off.
Column A Your list
Column B is updated by the Custom Cells shown in the Excel settings
You will need to do the Excel formula (because I don’t know it) to identify a matching selection name and place it in C1. Your trigger can then address the value of C1. Your Excel function could be VLOOKUP, but having read a little I think the combo INDEX and MATCH is what you need.

If you make progress, please post up here the appropriate Excel formula.
Hope this helps. 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #11 on: 11 Dec 2012, 20:55 »
Hi
Just had a thought - to which I do not know the answer.
If your Excel sheet is updated automatically, is this via a DDE link? MFP uses a DDE link. My point being, can Excel work with 2 concurrent DDE links?
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 12 Dec 2012, 16:54 »
Hi, Thanks for all your replies but it seems the excellent market feeder guys are gonna sort it out for me.

Cheers

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 02 Jan 2013, 23:18 »
Is there a way to have two DDE links?
Improvise Adapt Overcome

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE