Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by studio69 on 09 Dec 2012
  • I am starting a fresh topic in the hope of getting some answers.  I have been using market feeder for years but never needed excel.  In excel I have a list of horses that I need to back, this list is automatically updated throughout the day.  I need to start monitoring each market 2 mins before the race and basically back any horse in my excel list.  I cant manually import the horses as the list is being updated through the day. 

Thanks in advance for you help
  • #2 by londolozi on 10 Dec 2012
  • You can but not while MFPro is refreshing MSExcel else MFPro crashes.
    To avoid this update outside a setting for start monitoring (eg 5minutes) or your triggering setting of 2mins you mentioned.
  • #3 by studio69 on 10 Dec 2012
  • Ok cool, but how, I think I need some step by step instructions, I have read the manual 3 times now and cant work it out.
  • #4 by londolozi on 10 Dec 2012
  • So write your horses in column A
    If you are not using rated prices that's all you need.
    I think there is a video on the site
    http://marketfeeder.co.uk/screenshots/export-cells-excel/
  • #5 by studio69 on 10 Dec 2012
  • Ok so if I write my selections in column A how do my triggers access them.  Sorry if I am coming across as stupid.  Can I put trigger conditons like Back if selections name is in Column A?

• #6 by londolozi on 11 Dec 2012
  • Yes you write conditions similar to this.
    You may have [A] Frankel 5 [C] 1.7

cell_querymarket_id_P(sel_index*3+1) is equal to 5
    back_price > (cell_querymarket_id_P(sel_index*3+2)

So you import excel cells via Settings>Excel>Import cells

Now you write triggers that access the sheet similar to above.
    In this example you may want to back Frankel as a Back bet greater than $1.70
    The 5 may mean a back bet. I use a column to identify the system I am using. So I combine 100's horses a day from 10's different systems, some back some lay. Identified by the number in col
    Col [C] maybe my minimum price or maximum price.

The old manual 6 explains it best in my opinion.
    Keep reading, you will get it. I was the same as you.
  • #7 by Maddox on 11 Dec 2012
  • I don’t think you can use a condition to see if the name is in a column but you can to a cell.
    So you could use the spread sheet to filter out the names.
    Add custom cells
    Sheet1!A1    s_1_sel_name
    Sheet1!A2    s_2_sel_name
    Use Excel to check column A with column B then put matching horse presuming there’s only one, into cell C1 
    Then have a condition in the trigger “And selection’s trigger expression sel_name is equal to cell_Sheet1_C1”

This way you don't have to create a new market sheet for every market. Let me know if your stuck.
    Regards
  • #8 by londolozi on 11 Dec 2012
    don’t think you can use a condition to see if the name is in a column but you can to a cell.

No, you import the names during Settings>Excel>Import Selections cells.
    When you import your selections chose A1:C100 for example.
    Sheet name> Sheet1
    Range> A1:C100
    Output starting> col [P]
    On the worksheet to be imported in Cols & [C] you put your conditions you wanted checked. They will be transferred to P(sel_index*3+1) +2 etc.

Yes this does write a sheet for each race but it good for trouble shooting and fine tuning.

• #9 by londolozi on 11 Dec 2012
  • #10 by studio69 on 11 Dec 2012
  • Hi Guys, I really appreciate your help on this.  Unfortunately, I can't import the selections as they are being updated throughout the day, sometimes selections are added a couple of minutes before the start of the race.  Like I said I have managed to setup excel to automatically get the new selections every 2 mins, I just need to be able to access them using market feeder.
  • #11 by MarkV on 11 Dec 2012
  • Hi
    I tried Maddox suggestion. The attached screenshot should be helpful.
    You might need to change some columns but this should start you off.
    Column A Your list
    Column B is updated by the Custom Cells shown in the Excel settings
    You will need to do the Excel formula (because I don’t know it) to identify a matching selection name and place it in C1. Your trigger can then address the value of C1. Your Excel function could be VLOOKUP, but having read a little I think the combo INDEX and MATCH is what you need.

If you make progress, please post up here the appropriate Excel formula.
    Hope this helps. 
  • #12 by MarkV on 11 Dec 2012
  • Hi
    Just had a thought - to which I do not know the answer.
    If your Excel sheet is updated automatically, is this via a DDE link? MFP uses a DDE link. My point being, can Excel work with 2 concurrent DDE links?
  • #13 by studio69 on 12 Dec 2012
  • Hi, Thanks for all your replies but it seems the excellent market feeder guys are gonna sort it out for me.

Cheers
  • #14 by londolozi on 02 Jan 2013
  • Is there a way to have two DDE links?
Pages:
Actions