Author Topic: Expected Value Percentage  (Read 803 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Expected Value Percentage
« on: 14 May 2020, 04:05 »
Just wondering if its possible to do this in market feeder pro or i would need to develop my own boat?

I want to enter my price ratings for every runner for a race (probably through excel) and then lay the runners that show a negative expected value (eg. more than -3%), taking into account the gap in win probability from my prices and BF prices. I wondered if I could do something with Book%.

Thanks for any advice.

• All members
Re: Expected Value Percentage
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2020, 04:06 »
*bot not boat :D

Re: Expected Value Percentage
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2020, 16:42 »
Hi
Yes you should be able to do that. You can connect MFP to Excel but I think for what you want to do using a text file with your prices is going to be easier and more efficient. There is an article and video on importing data from a text file here. Once your prices for the selections have been imported you can easily compare against market prices, sort matching selections by implied probability, calculate EV etc. The import process can also be automated so you could have a dynamically updated text file if you wanted.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE