Author Topic: External other than Excel?  (Read 1466 times)

Tags:
  • All members
External other than Excel?
« on: 18 May 2014, 12:24 »
Newbie so please don't shoot me down if I should have found an answer on the forum or the website.

I would like to place back bets on selected horses at selected odds throughout the day (queue if not matched). The standard triggers can't be used for my purposes, I need an external feeder mechanism, and something that is faster / more dynamic than an Excel spreadsheet. Ideally I would like it to be a program that can trigger many bets per minute.

Why don't I use a program that places bets via the BF API directly? Because I need to refine my bet selection before I commit real money, and I think the Marketfeeder Pro Test mode will allow me to do that.

So my question again: is there a means other than an Excel spreadsheet to request specific bets to be placed?

Thanks for any help

• Administrator
Re: External other than Excel?
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2014, 13:29 »
Hi and welcome!

I would rather suggest importing the selections from a text file, as you can specify both their names and the odds at which you want to bet.
You place the name of each horse and its odds on a separate line, with a tab character in between, e.g.

Horse1        5.5

Once you've imported such file, the program will match the names in it with the selections in My Markets, and will disable those that are not in the file.

Later you can just use the variable imported_1 to make a bet at the set price, as this variable refers to the value that stands next to the name in the file.

I should really make an example on this. Meanwhile please read chapter "Triggered Betting - Reference - Variables - Selection Variables - Variables referring to imported values" in the manual.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE