Author Topic: Finding the Lowest number within Variables  (Read 816 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Finding the Lowest number within Variables
« on: 09 Nov 2018, 11:15 »
Hi there,

IS there an easy way to find the lowest number from a set of variables.

var_1 = 10
var_2 = 8
var_3 = 6
var_4 = 4
var_5 = 2

Its easy looking at the numbers and picking out the lowest number which in this case is within var_5, but how do I get MF do to this automatically, I could use IF(AND(var1<var_2, ..), 1, IF..) but this is actually a long way round, and also I may want to find the number that's 2nd least (var_4) or 2nd highest (var_2) and this cant be done this way, ust hoping someone has a better idea.

kev

• All members
Re: Finding the Lowest number within Variables
« Reply #1 on: 09 Nov 2018, 11:33 »
The following may assist a little bit but its not perfect... I know I have been there before.. its a bit of a long winded process I am afraid:

anyway from the help manual:

4.MAXV(expression1, expression2, ...)
Returns the maximum of the two or more expressions listed in the brackets. For example, MAXV(-2, 10, 5, 0) will return 10. The expressions can be numbers, arithmetic expressions, trigger and user variables etc.

5.MINV(expression1, expression2, ...)
Returns the minimum of the two or more expressions listed in the brackets. For example, MINV(-2, 10, 5, 0) will return -2.

• All members
Re: Finding the Lowest number within Variables
« Reply #2 on: 09 Nov 2018, 11:37 »
The following may assist a little bit but its not perfect... I know I have been there before.. its a bit of a long winded process I am afraid:

anyway from the help manual:

4.MAXV(expression1, expression2, ...)
Returns the maximum of the two or more expressions listed in the brackets. For example, MAXV(-2, 10, 5, 0) will return 10. The expressions can be numbers, arithmetic expressions, trigger and user variables etc.

5.MINV(expression1, expression2, ...)
Returns the minimum of the two or more expressions listed in the brackets. For example, MINV(-2, 10, 5, 0) will return -2.
Thanks for that will do for now :)

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE