Author Topic: Football Betting Trigger...Drifting Favs  (Read 4921 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Football Betting Trigger...Drifting Favs
« on: 29 Aug 2014, 23:51 »
Hello
I would like consideration for writing of a trigger as follows :

Selection criteria

Football fixtures where the fav. odds are a maximum of 1.6 (custom var)

Price Range info
MINIMUM Odds to back the FAVOURITE are 4.0
MAXIMUM Odds to LAY the Underdog are 2.0

Strategy
Wait for a goal to be scored by the underdog in order for the price on the fav to hit  or exceed our minimum back odds of 4.0  AND the price on the underdog to hit our max lay price of 2.0
Place 1 pt BACK on the favourite at>=4.0 AND also a 1pt stake/liability LAY Bet on the Underdog at <=2.0

After bets are matched ...... we have two outcomes:

OUTCOME 1
If the Favourite scores the Equalizer, now place a BACK bet but on the underdog

(I will need an switch/option in the trigger to enable either of the following scenarios)
i) no further bets placed (risk is 1 pt loss in the event of a draw)
OR
ii) green up immediately
OR
ii) wait for another goal from the FAVOURITE to place the final LAY bet on the favourite and green up for higher profits

OUTCOME 2
If there is no further Goal , underdog price falls : Place a further LAY bet on the UnderDog @1.5
If 1.5 Lay is matched and the FAVOURITE scores the Equalizer, place a BACK bet on the UnderDog to green-up

... still no goal, underdog price falls .. : place a further LAY bet on the Underdog again @1.25

(Note : total liabilty of all 3 lay bets in this scenario will be 1.75 pts)

Now, if the Favourite scores the Equalizer in the closing stages, place a BACK bet on the Underdog to green-up

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you.,
Guy

• Élite
Re: Football Betting Trigger...Drifting Favs
« Reply #1 on: 05 Sep 2014, 11:55 »
hi
Place 1 pt BACK on the favourite at>=4.0 AND also a 1pt stake/liability LAY Bet on the Underdog at <=2.0
when you say the favourite, is that the SP favourite or the favourite at the time of the goal.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 05 Sep 2014, 12:53 »
Hi Guido,

Sorry for the delay - it took quite a lot of time and effort to develop your triggers.

Please see the attached trigger file. I put all your settings in the constants, so you can change them any time (apart from the goals which is crucial for the plan).

(I will need an switch/option in the trigger to enable either of the following scenarios)
i) no further bets placed (risk is 1 pt loss in the event of a draw)

Disable triggers called "green up immediately after 1-1" and "green up after 2 goals by the favourite"

OR
ii) green up immediately

Enable "green up immediately after 1-1" and disable "green up after 2 goals by the favourite"

OR
ii) wait for another goal from the FAVOURITE to place the final LAY bet on the favourite and green up for higher profits

Disable "green up immediately after 1-1" and enable "green up after 2 goals by the favourite"

Don't forget to test this in test mode first.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 05 Sep 2014, 16:43 »
hiwhen you say the favourite, is that the SP favourite or the favourite at the time of the goal.

mcbee
Yeah, the SP favourite....

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 05 Sep 2014, 18:45 »
Thank you for your efforts.
The trigger must initially filter those matches it is to work with on 'Idle' matches ie. those NOT inplay.
The criteria being : the match is only of interest if the starting price of the favourite is priced at less than 1.6. If it isnt, the thinking is the favourite isnt strong enough to warrant a back bet inplay if the underdog has taken an early lead..... so leave the match alone.

If you are able to, please update when you get the chance....
Thank you.

Hi Guido,

Sorry for the delay - it took quite a lot of time and effort to develop your triggers.

Please see the attached trigger file. I put all your settings in the constants, so you can change them any time (apart from the goals which is crucial for the plan).

Disable triggers called "green up immediately after 1-1" and "green up after 2 goals by the favourite"

Enable "green up immediately after 1-1" and disable "green up after 2 goals by the favourite"

Disable "green up immediately after 1-1" and enable "green up after 2 goals by the favourite"

Don't forget to test this in test mode first.

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 05 Sep 2014, 19:41 »
Not sure I understand. I did include the condition of the favourite's maximum price in the triggers. It shouldn't bet in the markets where the fav's price before the off was higher than 1.6. Does it still? Can you attach an example, i.e. a screenshot?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 05 Sep 2014, 20:09 »
When I loaded a number of matches..... many of the InPlay ones immediately puts bets on.....

Not sure I understand. I did include the condition of the favourite's maximum price in the triggers. It shouldn't bet in the markets where the fav's price before the off was higher than 1.6. Does it still? Can you attach an example, i.e. a screenshot?

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 06 Sep 2014, 10:57 »
Oh, right, now I understand. See the amended triggers in the attachment.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 06 Sep 2014, 14:35 »
Thanks - something still not quite right here....
See attached. Rochdale on the graph went lower than 1.5 - I would have expected a further LAY bet here....

Looking at the graph for Crawley Town the price soon went to 7.0 after the goal, so perhaps the the back bet was placed too soon after the goal (we got 4.0), so are you able to add one further variable - namely: 'StakeDelay', such that the bets are not placed until the market has settled down after the goal. So if StakeDelay is set to 120 (secs), the back and corresponding lay bets are placed after this provided the BACK and LAY prices are within the predefined limits (LAY Max. 2.0 and BACK Min.4.0)

Perhaps the additional 1.5 Lay bet on the underdog should also be placed now.... along with the 1.25 LAY too.
In the event that the favourite scores, both of these are cancelled.... and the operation as described above occurs ....

Thank you.

===============
Update 15:40
The Rochdale Lay of 1.5 was performed after all.....

But nothing in the York match attached...

Oh, right, now I understand. See the amended triggers in the attachment.

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 06 Sep 2014, 16:14 »
See attached. Rochdale on the graph went lower than 1.5 - I would have expected a further LAY bet here....

The graph represents the change of BACK price over time, the trigger checks for the LAY price to be below 1.5, so in this case the lay price probably stayed above 1.5.

Looking at the graph for Crawley Town the price soon went to 7.0 after the goal, so perhaps the the back bet was placed too soon after the goal (we got 4.0), so are you able to add one further variable - namely: 'StakeDelay', such that the bets are not placed until the market has settled down after the goal.

OK, I've added another constant and a variable for you. See the file attached.

Perhaps the additional 1.5 Lay bet on the underdog should also be placed now.... along with the 1.25 LAY too.
In the event that the favourite scores, both of these are cancelled.... and the operation as described above occurs ....

I'm sorry, but all further amendments, additions and other alterations to the triggers you originally described should be made through a separate trigger request, as per the terms & conditions of the service.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE