Author Topic: Football - Greening up the draw trigger  (Read 2167 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Football - Greening up the draw trigger
« on: 15 Sep 2017, 11:08 »
Hi All 

I need some help with the Greening up the draw trigger for football markets 

Attached is a statement for yesterdays results, what i am trying to work out is the losses and why these occur and how do i change the setup to either turn a profit on these or to cancel out the loss so this game give a zero profit. 

The only way i can see to do it is the back bet strategy being changed to adjust the bet to cancel out the loss but i haven't got the knowledge with the trigger adjustments to do this. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks 

Re: Football - Greening up the draw trigger
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2017, 21:39 »
Hi
I can't see any statement attached so can't see what prices your bets triggered at, but from your attached trigger here are some adjustments you can make to improve things a little:

profit % for green-up is set at 1% (constant gpp), this is way too small given the proposed price of 1.20 for distributing the loss on The Draw. Try something above 10.

I think you should add a condition to the green-up trigger to fire only when the current score is not equal, and after the market has re-formed after the goal suspension, something like:
and selections trigger expression market_score1 is not equal to market_score2
and markets minutes since the last goal is greater than 0.75

the distribute loss would be very much improved if you had a condition to check the spread between the best back and lay prices is acceptable. Quite often after a market suspension, and also in markets with lower liquidity, the gap between the best back and lay prices can be huge and the DL trigger would fire:
and selections trigger expression g_ticks(back_price, lay_price) is less than 5 (replace 5 with your acceptable number of ticks gap between best back and lay prices)

also the distribute loss trigger has a 1% loss set in the constant dpp, that gives virtually no room for small price fluctuations and in markets with big gaps in the prices the DL will fire straight away.

please use test mode for testing these

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE