Author Topic: Football Triger | #1 Bankroll Builder  (Read 7887 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Football Triger | #1 Bankroll Builder
« on: 05 Sep 2014, 20:23 »
Hello,

Here I am for my 1st of the two free triggers I get with the monthly subscription.

Here we go:

In the 1st half, if the underdog scores 1st we want to lay them with 50% of our stake. If the favourite ties the game we put all the profit in the favourite side. Then if the favourite goes ahead we hedge.

If the underdog is winning at halftime we hedge only when the favourite ties.

If the game is 0-0 in HT:
In the 2nd half, if the undergod scores 1st we lay them with 50%.

If the favourite ties before the minute 60 we back the favourite with another 50%, and hedge when the favourite goes ahead.

Please feel free to use constants as you may seem apropriate.

• Administrator
Re: Football Triger | #1 Bankroll Builder
« Reply #1 on: 08 Sep 2014, 09:39 »
Hi jmbt,

I need some clarifications as to your triggers:

If the favourite ties the game we put all the profit in the favourite side.

What do you mean by putting all the profit in the favourite?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 08 Sep 2014, 13:06 »
My bad Oxa, I mean

In the 1st half, if the underdog scores 1st we want to BACK THE FAVORITE with 50% of our stake. If the favourite ties the game we put all the profit in the favourite side with A LAY BET. Then if the favourite goes ahead we hedge.

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 08 Sep 2014, 13:27 »
Sorry, still unclear what you mean by "putting all profit". Please give an example of bets you might place in a market according to this scenario.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 08 Sep 2014, 13:36 »
We make a lay bet with the same value of the back bet.

Example:

Real Madrid - Atl. Madrid
Odd Real Madrid is 1.7.

If Real concedes a goal, let's say the odd for them do win goes to 4. Then we back them with 50% of our stake.

Now lets pretend they tie the game in the 1st half and the odd goes to 2. We lay Real Madrid with 50€.

That way all profit is on Real Madrid side and we don't lose if Atl. Madrid wins or the games stays draw.

Pls see attached images.

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 10 Sep 2014, 07:25 »
OK, I understood, but in your example the sequence of bets is Back then Lay, whereas in your original description the first bet is Lay, and the profit from that bet already is on the favourite, because you lay the underdog.

Do you actually mean you want to back the underdog once the favourite ties?

Also, how do you intend to hedge (which selection by the way) if the favourite scores the second goal? There will be one back and one lay bet on the underdog and no bets on the favourite. So hedging per se is not applicable, but what can be done is shifting some of the profit from the underdog onto other selections.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 10 Sep 2014, 13:01 »
Hey Oxa, the original post was wrong. I realized that when you asked me how would I put the profit in the selection. In the 1st half there is no lay in underdog.

Here is the strategy :

Here we go:

1ST HALF
In the 1st half, if the underdog scores 1st we want to back the favorite with 50% of our stake. If the favourite ties the game we put all the profit in the favourite side with a lay bet of the same value in the favorite. That way both the draw and the underdog is 0€ and all the money is in the favorite. As showed in the picture below.

Then, in the 1st half, if the favourite goes ahead we divide the profit in every selection.

HT
If the underdog is winning at halftime we hedge only when the favourite ties.

2ND HALF
In the 2nd half, if the undergod scores 1st we lay them with 50% of our stake.

If the favourite ties before the minute 60 we back the favourite with another 50%, and hedge when the favourite goes ahead.

If the favourite ties after the minute 60 we divide the profit in every selection.

Please feel free to use constants as you may seem apropriate.

Please let me know if something ins't clear.

Kind regards,

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 11 Sep 2014, 11:13 »
Hi jmbt,

Working on your trigger, but something is still not clear. See below.

So if the favourite scores 2 goals, you will end up with a lay bet on the underdog, back bet on the favourite and green-up lay bet on the favourite, is that right?

If the favourite ties after the minute 60 we divide the profit in every selection.

How is it possible to divide the profit? There is no profit at this moment, as there has been just one lay bet on the underdog.
Do you mean you want to green up the underdog?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 11 Sep 2014, 11:58 »
Sry but what is the difference between hedge/greenup/divide the same profit in every selection? I tought they are the same.

English is not my mother tongue, so I have some dificulty now and then to express what I want.

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 11 Sep 2014, 17:01 »
No problem.

Greening up is hedging with a positive P/L, i.e. when all selections are in plus. This is only possible if you place two bets on the same selection, and the price of the back bet is higher than that of the lay bet.

Distributing the loss is hedging with a negative P/L, when the back price is lower than the lay price.

Distributing the profit is an operation performed on a selection having a positive P/L after unequal green-up, i.e. the bets were placed as to leave one selection with, say, 80% of profit and all other selections - with 20%. This action is not applicable to selections whose positive P/L is a result of a lay bet on a different selection for instance.

So please specify which action you mean.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 12 Sep 2014, 02:37 »
Ok, so here we go.

2ND HALF
In the 2nd half, if the undergod scores 1st we lay them with 50% of our stake.

1 -> If the favourite ties before the minute 60 we back the favourite with another 50% of our stake, and hedge all selections when the favourite goes ahead. Just like you said.

2 -> If the favourite ties after the minute 60 we hedge everything.

So, in 1 we have a lay bet in the underdog. Favorite ties before the minute 60. Then we back the favorite. When the favorite scores again we hedge everything.

In 2 we have a lay bet in the underdog. Favorite ties after the minute 60. We hedge everything.

ps- When I say hedge everything I mean distribute positive P/L as evenly as possible to every selection.

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 16 Sep 2014, 07:12 »
Hello,

Your triggers are finally ready. Please see the attached file. It consists of two blocks, one of which is responsible for the behaviour in the first HT, and the other one - in the second HT.

The basic settings are implemented in the constants. Be sure to test in test mode.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 16 Sep 2014, 12:08 »
Awesome! Testing today with UCL thanks.

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 12 Nov 2014, 22:51 »
which markets are required to be present for this trigger, is it just the match odds?

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 13 Apr 2015, 08:31 »
"which markets are required to be present for this trigger, is it just the match odds?"

I'd like to know the answer to this too!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE