Author Topic: Football  (Read 3688 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Football
« on: 07 Aug 2013, 02:57 »
Me again! :)

I have a trigger that lays and backs (not a green up trigger) in the Match Odds market (lots of conditions). It is similar to the "Lay the Draw" trigger available from this forum, but the conditions make the actual bets very different from that one.

It is working well.

But very occasionally, I need to back in the Correct Score market if certain conditions are not met in the Match Odds trigger.

I can't get it to work.

I created a new block with the conditions starting:

Market's Name contains "Correct Score"
Selections Name is equal to "[the score I want to back]"
Trigger [name of trigger] number of runs is greater than 0

and a range of other conditions.

Can someone point me in the right direction to get the Correct Score trigger working please.

Thanks in advance,

bobh

• Élite
Re: Football
« Reply #1 on: 07 Aug 2013, 08:05 »
hi
without seeing the triggers it is hard to give a correct answer.
but your condition     Trigger [name of trigger] number of runs is greater than 0
will NOT work if the [name of trigger] is for a different market, because it would not of fired in this market.
to alter this you would need to use variables to record that a bet/trigger activation has been placed in the [name of trigger], then use the variable in the correct score trigger.
so you would set a new variable to 0
then in your [name of trigger] alter the variable to 1
in your correct score trigger, have the condition
and selections trigger expression ok is equal to 1

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 07 Aug 2013, 08:22 »
Thanks mcbee.

I'll work my way through your suggestion, and hope I have understood it correctly.

bobh

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 08 Aug 2013, 00:26 »
Hello again mcbee,

I appreciate your advice, and most times I can apply your suggestions and get them to work, usually after trial and error.

This one has escaped me I'm afraid, as it did not activate last night, and I'm a bit reluctant to send the trigger as it seems to have some potential - but I hasten to add I have been up many "dry gullies" in the past (that's an Aussie expression for failure!). I feel I am once again making a very basic error which is preventing it working the way I wish, but I just don't have the knowledge to solve it.

Can I ask that you look at the trigger for "laying the draw", which is freely available on this forum, and show me how to add an extra trigger which does this very simple operation:

Back in the "correct score" market at (say) half time if the back trigger has not activated.

That will show me how to get my problem solved without revealing the multitude of conditions I apply to the initial lay trigger and to the follow up back trigger.

My whole process is not a greening up strategy, so it differs from the normal lay the draw triggers.

Thanks again in advance,

bobh

« Reply #4 on: 11 Aug 2013, 17:30 »
Hi
I hope you don’t mind me putting in an example here for you in mcbee’s absence.
I have taken a slightly different approach to mcbee’s suggestion of a user variable, by using Remember.

It will:
lay the draw according to the conditions in the LTD trigger
at half-time it will:
back 1-1 in CS if the LTD did not fire
OR
back 2-2 in CS if the LTD did fire

of course this is not a strategy and is just to demonstrate a method of cross-market triggering – please try it in test mode. Hope this helps a bit.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2013, 08:43 »
Thanks Mark,

That has given me some vital clues in solving my problem.

I will try it out tonight (my time).

Thanks again,

Bobh

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 18 Aug 2013, 06:08 »
hi
thanks mark for the help, as i have been ill for some time now.
i am now on antibiotics and seem to be improving  ;D

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE