Author Topic: Getting a trigger to Lay SP?  (Read 5889 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Getting a trigger to Lay SP?
« on: 25 Aug 2013, 22:20 »
I can't get my trigger to lay at SP and O haven't a clue how to move.  I'd be gratefulif anybody could give me a heads up/

Thanks in anticipation

<trigger> <RepeatTimes>0</RepeatTimes> <Action>1</Action> <WinLose>1</WinLose> <UseOptions>0</UseOptions> <OptPersistence>0</OptPersistence> <OptPersistenceValue>0</OptPersistenceValue> <OptAmount1>0.01</OptAmount1> <OptAmount2>10000000</OptAmount2> <OptPrice1>1.01</OptPrice1> <OptPrice2>1000</OptPrice2> <OptNoBet>0</OptNoBet> <Market>5</Market> <Selection>0</Selection> <MarketStatus>0</MarketStatus> <Active>1</Active> <Repeat>0.00</Repeat> <TriggerName/> <Persistence>2</Persistence> <Name>New Trigger 13774690595</Name> <Price>actual_sp</Price> <Amount>2</Amount> <CondMet>0</CondMet> <AdjustAmounts>0</AdjustAmounts> <conditions> <tblck AndOr="0"> <blcks/> <conds> <condition AndOr="1" Body="0" Param="0" Condo="5" Value2="" Value1="0" TriggerName="" Time="0.0000" Formula="" Overall="0"/> <condition AndOr="1" Body="0" Param="31" Condo="4" Value1="C:\Users\jjd168\Documents\Criteria\All.txt" TriggerName="" Time="0.0000" Formula="" Overall="0"/> <condition AndOr="1" Body="0" Param="23" Condo="4" Value2="" Value1="11" TriggerName="" Time="0.0000" Formula="" Overall="0"/> </conds> </tblck> </conditions> </trigger>

• Élite
Re: Getting a trigger to Lay SP?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2013, 15:29 »
hi
you need to include the trigger.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2013, 16:42 »
McBee,

You've lost me as I copied what I thought was the trigger in my post.  By the way, the other version for market prices works for laying a few seconds before the Off but I don't seem to be setting it up correctly for SP!

Ern

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2013, 16:45 »
OOOps

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2013, 18:36 »
hi
all your triggers are set to cancel, so at the start of the race all will be cancelled.
if you want to take SP, then set them to take SP.

where it says cancel, left press the mouse button and select take SP.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 28 Aug 2013, 13:02 »
Thanks for your help but I truly am lost! 

The relevant (to me) trigger elements are:
Price actual_sp
Amount: £3
At In-Play: Keep
Condition: Fitting Selection's Actual Starting Price is equal or less than 11

And I've tried in both test and Live.

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 28 Aug 2013, 13:32 »
hi
sorry but The minimum stake for a back bet at SP is $5. The minimum liability if laying is $30

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 28 Aug 2013, 17:37 »
You can easily back at SP under the minimum using the Take SP persistence function.
All you need to do is enter a back order (using back not back at SP) for your required stake eg. £2 or even less, at a price high enough to prevent it being matched before the off eg. back_price*2.

I believe this will also work for laying at SP where you would enter a lay order at lay_price/2, although I haven't tested that recently.

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 28 Aug 2013, 18:16 »
hi this should start you off

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 28 Aug 2013, 22:41 »
Thanks Okie, I'll try that.

However, McBee disturbs me when he quotes
 "sorry but The minimum stake for a back bet at SP is $5. The minimum liability if laying is $30" 

i.e. a lay actual SP price of 4.0 will risk $30 and return $10; while a price of 7.0 will return $5? 

Methinks me's getting it.  However, to the powers that be: perhaps you could consider a tutorial? Please.

Regards

Ern

• Élite
« Reply #10 on: 29 Aug 2013, 04:36 »
hi
the information was taken from betfairs SP minimum price.
http://sp.betfair.com.au/FAQs_theBasics.php

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 03 Sep 2013, 21:48 »
So if I have conditions such as back_price is between 5 and 9
but I want to lay in the same price range at SP.

Do I get the ability to have a price range when wanting to lay at SP?

Should I use near_sp ?

Has anyone used this variable?

Improvise Adapt Overcome

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE