Author Topic: Global Trailing Stop Loss Trigger  (Read 2546 times)

Tags:
  • All members
  • MF Pro is the only way to go when your on the punt
Global Trailing Stop Loss Trigger
« on: 25 Sep 2018, 10:09 »
Hi Guys,

I need help putting a Global Trailing Stop Loss Trigger together.

I have searched everywhere to find possibly an old post on this or one of the listed triggers with this inside it.

But NO luck :(

--------------

I simply need a trigger that will follow the GLOBAL balance / TEST balance

the trigger can set the amount to be lost before stop say:  -100.00

The trigger follows the positive growth re-setting the new stop loss mark as the balance goes up and down.

As soon a 100.00 is lost the trigger shuts down the betting BACK trigger.

I think this would be a popular addition to add to your MarketFeeder Pro free trigger section. As most of the other auto betting software programs out there has this built in. The stop loss offered is great but it does not trail which is much better in my humble opinion.

Any help with this would be awesome!

Thanks
I never bought a lifetime licence when I had the opportunity and kick myself every day by not realizing at the time the power of MF Pro and its team behind it.

Re: Global Trailing Stop Loss Trigger
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2018, 16:41 »
Hi
You could probably do that with a modification to mcbee's maxbank trigger here.

Basically the idea is to increment a user variable only when your global balance increases, and then you take your trailing stop loss off there.
TRIGGER 1
set user variable maxbank, amount IF(test_mode=1,test_balance,balance)
one time only
TRIGGER 2
set user variable maxbank, amount  IF(AND(test_mode=1,test_balance>maxbank),test_balance,IF(AND(test_mode=0,balance>maxbank),balance,maxbank))
you would run TRIGGER 2 as a second action in your betting trigger, or repeat it continuously

trailing stop loss condition for your betting trigger:
selections trigger expression IF(test_mode=1,test_balance,balance) is greater than maxbank-100
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2018, 08:11 »
Hi MarkV,

Thanks for taking a look at my question :)

I have made the triggers you described below.

I tested them today on TEST but i think i am missing something obvious as it does not stop betting when 100.00 is lost.

I couldn't test whether it follows positive wins up OK either because trigger is not working.

i have uploaded what i made for you to take a look at it.

==================

the trigger needed also: a previous race is settled, and not InPlay expression.

also it needed an expression for the first race of the new betting day, which i could not work out.

I think it is nearly there and will be a very helpful addition to anyone who likes to leave their bets running for the day, a difference to simply setting a just a global stop loss.

Thanks Mark
I never bought a lifetime licence when I had the opportunity and kick myself every day by not realizing at the time the power of MF Pro and its team behind it.

« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2018, 13:47 »
Hi
Please try attached in test mode. You can set the trailing stop amount in the constant.

moved topic to MF
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2018, 20:15 »
Thanks Mark,

I will test it out and report back.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 04 Oct 2018, 00:20 »
Trigger works great in TEST and REAL mode.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 17 Jan 2019, 04:31 »
Hi Please try attached in test mode. You can set the trailing stop amount in the constant. moved topic to MF

Hi Mark,

I was thinking can this trigger be updated so the constant could be a percentage of the test_balance,balance.

I was thinking it would be easier to use if it stop losses/wins on a percentage, rather than a fixed amount which has to be changed if the bank is on a losing streak, over a period of days.

Thanks

bonecrusher

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE