Author Topic: Graduated lay bets  (Read 11091 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Graduated lay bets
« on: 23 Mar 2013, 17:31 »
First of all I want to thank McBee for the extremely fast response to my initial query.

My requirement is to import my daily selections (which I believe I can do!) and then to make automatic back and lay bets, as follows:

(a) BACK
Place a back bet for each selection, 50% of stake at current price, 50% of stake at SP. The stake is either a percentage of bank or a fixed amount.

(b) LAY
For each selection place a series of lay bets which will be kept when the market goes in play. It doesn't matter when the bets are placed so long as they are placed before the market goes in-play. For example:

Lay bet #1 = 100% of back bet stake at a price of 1.51;
Lay bet #2 = 125% of back bet stake @ 1.31;
Lay bet #3 = 200% @ 1.11, etc.

I need to be able to adjust the percentages and levels (i.e. prices).

Thanks again for your support, what a great find this community has been!  :)

Best regards, Katie

• Élite
Re: Graduated lay bets
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2013, 17:55 »
hi
it is set to bank% , to use level stakes just untick the bank% trigger and tick the level stake trigger to enable
i have set the bank percent to 10%=.10 alter in the constants area
i have set the level stakes to 2.00 alter in the constants
there is no time to place the bet or odds filter as you never gave any time or odds requirements
it will place the back bet first then when matched it will place the lay bets as you asked
i have NOT included the bet at SP as the sp price is not known until after the race starts, let me know if you require this

USE TEST MODE until you know that it works as you require

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2013, 17:57 »
Wow! Can't thank you enough for your expertise - I will run it in test mode tomorrow and will let you know how I get on.

Best regards, Katie

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 23 Mar 2013, 18:00 »
One more query please McBee. If I add further selections manually during the day (for example on course via my mobile device) will the trigger place lay bets for these too?

All the best, Katie

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 23 Mar 2013, 18:07 »
hi
the trigger will place one back bet PER selection and 3 lay bets PER selection.
i have included the sp triggers

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 23 Mar 2013, 18:26 »
Brilliant, thanks again McBee. Could you please post an example selection import file - I have tried mine a number of times but it doesn't seem to be working. All I am doing is listing the exact names of the horses, one under the other, case sensitive.

Thanks again, Katie

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 23 Mar 2013, 18:30 »
hi
how are you importing the selections.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 23 Mar 2013, 18:41 »
Hi, I'm using a .txt file from Notepad.

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 23 Mar 2013, 18:43 »
Just one more thing (apologies!) - how would I import the selections for the place market separately, and what modifications would I make to the current trigger file to place the back/lay bets on the place market?

Best regards, Katie

• Élite
« Reply #9 on: 23 Mar 2013, 19:17 »
hi
using the note pad is slightly different
uk horse is name only
ausy horse is index number and name. ie:  1. name
usa not sure so try both
greyhounds needs index number then name

to use the triggers in place markets needs no adjustments, all you have to do is load the markets that you want to bet in, ie: win only,place only or win and place

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 23 Mar 2013, 19:47 »
Great stuff, thanks for the clarification. This makes senses because I was testing with non-UK horses.

The challenge I have with the place selections is that they are different to the win selections, i.e. they are 2 separate strategies. Does this mean that I need to buy another license and manage the second strategy using a different betfair account?

Best regards, Katie

• Élite
« Reply #11 on: 23 Mar 2013, 20:00 »
hi
no, you can run as many instances as you want all with different strategies.
i run sometimes 9 different instances all with different strategies
BUT, you must alter the refresh rates or else you will be charged by betfair for over using the API

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 23 Mar 2013, 20:08 »
Great news, so you mean I just load multiple sessions of MFP?

What refresh rate would you suggest please.

Best regards, Katie

« Reply #13 on: 23 Mar 2013, 20:31 »
Great news, so you mean I just load multiple sessions of MFP?

What refresh rate would you suggest please.

Best regards, Katie

Hi
Hope you don't mind me answering that:
Betfair limit is 20 data requests per second

In connection monitor in each instance set the request limit to 20 divided by number of instances. Perhaps a few less than that to be on the safe side. So 2 instances, 9 each should be about right.

Run multiple instances from a single installation of the program using a separate profile for each. See manual section: Login Window
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 23 Mar 2013, 20:39 »
Brilliant, thanks so much Mark. I will let you know how testing goes tomorrow :)

Thanks again for the superb service!

Best regards, Katie

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE