Author Topic: Green up Trigger  (Read 13722 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Green up Trigger
« on: 29 Jan 2014, 16:11 »
Hi everyone :)

I am trying to create a trigger for Horse racing that green up with equal profit on every horse no matter who wins the race.

So, I back, 3 (for example) different horse before the race start.
When the race goes live, the trigger try to green up the market, if at any moment of the race there is a guarantee x€ profit.

thank tou :)

• All members
Re: Green up Trigger
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2014, 16:52 »
green up is a drop down option when you make a trigger, just like back and lay are.  So you can make your initial back trigger and then make a separate one just below in in the trigger block that does the greening up.  You set the % profit that you want to achieve.

Remember to make the trigger active inplay otherwise it wont fire during a race!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2014, 17:01 »
hi armani, i already did that..
but using the gree up trigger with x%, it does not green up equal profit in all Horses.. only green up the selections that i did bet.

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2014, 17:47 »
hi
i am testing a trigger now.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan 2014, 18:00 »
hi
here is a green up trigger for you to try
in the constants you can set
profit percent   (pre set to 16 for approx 2 euro profit on 5 euro bets)
copy and paste the trigger in to your set of triggers and add the constant.

please use test mode until you are happy with your settings

mcbee

download the trigger below
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jan 2014, 18:48 »
hi mcbee

that trigger not work for what i need, i will try to explain why:

what that trigger does is lay all backs i did  with 16% profit and wait for get matched...

but for example:
before race starts:
I Back 5€ each
horseA odd 20
horseB odd 10
horseC odd 15

race starts:
after 20sec (for example)

HorseA  lay odd at 25
HorseB lay odd at 15
HorseC lay odd at 3

in this situation if trigger acts I will guarantee profit... closing positions in 2 horses with losses, but with a big profit at HorseC that covers others horse losses and guarantee x profit at the end no matter who wins the race.

So i need that the trigger continous checking lay odds, and checks if at any moment it can guarantee profit...

hope you anderstand.

thank you

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 29 Jan 2014, 18:52 »
hi
so what you want is 1 selection to green up and cover all the others.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 29 Jan 2014, 19:04 »
no ... in the last situation i gave, the trigger should close positions in 2 horses with small losses, but the profit from the other horse should cover that and guarantee x€.

but there will be situations that 2 horses with small profit and 1 horse with small loss... but still guarantee profit at the end...

and of course there will be situations when lay odds doesn't go down the necessary and I will loose all backs amounts.

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 29 Jan 2014, 19:06 »
I'm talking in 3 horses but it could be more or less horses.. depends on the market.

• Élite
« Reply #9 on: 29 Jan 2014, 20:34 »
hi
what is the maximum number of runners in the race that your trigger bets in.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 29 Jan 2014, 21:48 »
5 horses max

• Élite
« Reply #11 on: 29 Jan 2014, 22:28 »
hi
is that 5 selections to bet on or maximum 5 runners.
any more than 5 runners and no bets are placed.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 29 Jan 2014, 22:53 »
my trigger back 5 different horses maximum...some races back 3 different horses and some races back only 1 horse...depends on the race.
(but only 1 back bet each horse)

edited : aahh I understand now what you asked..
no, my back trigger worka on every horse race.. the number of runners doent matter :)

• Élite
« Reply #13 on: 29 Jan 2014, 23:27 »
hi
the formula that i have worked out, needs a maximum number of runners.
to get a greenup of all the backed selections, the trigger needs to know what selections have matched amounts, so i need a maximum number of runners.
the formula that i have tested works very good, but i have restricted it to 8 runners and 3 selections.
so i need to know is there a maximum number of backed selections and the maximum number of runners in the race that you would place a bet in.
it is no good placing bets in a donkey derby with 20+ runners, you need to be more selective.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 29 Jan 2014, 23:32 »
can you adapt it to maximum 10 runners and maximum 5 selections??

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE