Author Topic: greenup fail/ retry  (Read 2976 times)

Tags:
  • All members
greenup fail/ retry
« on: 26 Jan 2013, 19:51 »
Note: I tried to include a screenshot but the forum gave me the error message "Sorry, you are not allowed to post links."

If I want to green up, how do I deal with a situation where there is not enough volume to completely green up?

e.g. I have backed a market, now I want to green up (or take an even loss), only 50% of my green up (lay) stakes have been matched and the odds are decreasing

If you look at this screenshot:
s7.postimage.org/lvab09r97/greenup.png

Would this be sufficient? Do I need to add a condition to check if greenup has already been 100% successful?

Re: greenup fail/ retry
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2013, 21:34 »
Hi
I see you are repeating the Serie A trigger block every 10 seconds. Is there a reason for this?

If it is the 91st minute of the game you wish to do the green up then minutes since the off should be approx. 109 (45+18(1st half injury+halftime break)+46). The 1st half injury time of 3 at your discretion.

Market’s Name is a string and should be enclosed is quotes; market’s name contains “League”.

Please could you clarify: after backing are the odds increasing or decreasing? You mention decreasing, but surely then your green up will be matched?

You should be able to attach files to forum posts after your 5th post.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2013, 21:58 »
Correction, the odds will be increasing, not decreasing.

Thanks for pointing out the quotes required.

This trigger is repeated as potentially I will not get completely greened up in the first attempt.

e.g.

First I back Over 2.5 goals at the off. If I try to green up around the 70th minute (not 90th, fair play for making that assumption though), the full lay stake might not be matched, the odds then increase.

As there is an outstanding lay that won't be matched, it needs to be cancelled, then retry the green up (at whatever higher odds the market has available).

Basically I want to get out of the market as quick as possible with an even profit/loss. It doesn't look like the green up action in MFP will cancel and resend new bets if required.

If I back Over 2.5, can MPF green up using the Under 2.5 selection like the BetFair cash out?

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2013, 09:02 »
Hi
There are several ways to do this, but I think the best will be to place your closing lay bet only once but at "best" price. This way you are almost certain to get the full lay stake matched at the best available price, so no need to cancel and resubmit. The attached trigger is an example of this. The formula in the amount box greens / reds equally across all selections. Add you own conditions as needed.

Another possible way is the Stop-Loss settings. This will automatically cancel unmatched bets and resubmit at best available price according to the settings you set.

Hope this helps
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jan 2013, 10:05 »
Thanks Mark, I'll have a play around. I still worry that one attempt at greening up will not work, this is from experience using the BetFair interface and looking at data from data.betfair.com.

If I was backing at £10, it would be no problem, but I will be using much higher stakes, the markets often don't have the volume at current best price.

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2013, 12:29 »
Hi
You could test for sufficient available volume at the 3 best lay prices:
and selection’s trigger expression lay_amount1+lay_amount2+lay_amount3 is greater than 12000

...and then lay at best price plus 2 ticks:
price: r_ticks(lay_price,2)

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE