Author Topic: Greyhound "Free Bet" Trigger  (Read 721 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Greyhound "Free Bet" Trigger
« on: 11 Jun 2019, 21:52 »
Hi, I've just found this place and am fascinated as well as totally bemused!
I'm a recently retired pensioner that knows nothing other than bog standard manual backing/Laying.
I'm a dog man (former owner) and so have always stuck to what I know, but I would like to use the Free Trial Month to experiment and try to achieve something that I thought wasn't possible, but am hoping it may be with the help of this site. What I want is to end up with a "free bet" on my selection and so could anyone please suggest a Trigger that would do the following:

1 Check that my selection is in (say) the top 3 in the market
2 Is within both my minimum and maximum odds range
3 if conditions 1 & 2 are met, Place a back bet, using a % (rounded down) of my bank as the stake, at the highest odds available, within 60 seconds of the race start time 
4 Once the back bet is matched, immediately place a Lay bet to recover the amount staked on the matched back bet.

The aim is that if the dog loses, I end up winning/losing nothing, but if it wins I end up with my back bet profit minus the Lay stake - in other words I have my free bet! Of course, if I'm approaching this in the wrong way, and the Lay Bet should be placed first, please tell me, and devise the trigger to do just that.

If this Utopian free bet could be achieved, would it then be possible to keep firing the same sequence back into the market until (say) 5 seconds before the off? 

I'd also like to be able to automate this once I've chosen my selection(s) for the day.

My final question is about the process of receiving the Trigger - do i join first and then have wait for the trigger (and maybe using up some of my Trial Period!), or do I get notified that the trigger is ready immediately on joining?

Thanks, Chris P 

• Élite
Re: Greyhound "Free Bet" Trigger
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2019, 13:52 »
hi
yes the trigger would be able to complete a free bet situation IF the lay price drops to 1 tick less than the back bet placed price , this does not always happen.
there are no free trigger requests for any subscription less than 1 month , so it would be 9 pounds to complete the trigger , this would only be a few hours as it is not a complicated request.
it would be possible to have multiple bets placed BUT with greyhound racing not a good idea as the prices move very quick and you could cause a failed free bet thus leaving it open to lose.
if you want to check the free version , there are many free trigger available here

Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2019, 17:44 »
Thanks Mcbee. You made me rethink my approach and wonder if Backing then Laying short priced favourites would be a better option. The liability would be a lot less and there would probably be more chance of the price shortening to make it easier to get the lay matched.

Do you know of any members already operating this type of strategy? Would it be possible to talk to them?

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2019, 20:22 »
hi
you could try this part of the forum here
but back or lay first bet with the greyhounds is about the same
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE