Author Topic: Greyhound test trigger from Oxa in Dec 2018  (Read 1693 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Greyhound test trigger from Oxa in Dec 2018
« on: 06 Mar 2019, 20:14 »
https://marketfeeder.co.uk/learn/triggers/lay-greyhound-loss-recovery/

I really think there is enormous potential in this trigger; in 3 days my test bank grew by almost 50% just laying a 1% liability on each race. The strike rate was astounding.

But then my screenshot happened. This trigger has a max_loss constant of 20% of bank; clearly you can see I lost an awful lot more than that! I'm trying to figure out what went wrong and why the final lay bet you see was even placed if my bank had already decreased by the max_loss of 20% (more than).

There is also a constant to place another lay whilst waiting for one market to settle, but I don't think this would have been the case, because the final lay bet of 150.11 @ 6.40 is the next step in the recovery process... it's not the same stake as the three lays that preceded it... so why didn't the max_loss constant kick in and simply restart the cycle from scratch like it is supposed to?

I would also like to know how the recovery cycle could be tweaked so that it would not lose MORE THAN your specified max_loss. So for example, you've had a couple of losers and your bank is 18% down and the next liability would take it to 30% down... can we tweak that next lay in the process to only risk enough to take the overall loss down to 20% ie. the max_loss. The idea of the max_loss is that's the most you want to lose, not max_loss or any number higher than the max_loss. I'm just not sure how I would do that?

What's also not clear is what 'the bank' figure is that it's losing 20% of. Does it take the bank figure at the start of the recovery process and calculate 20% of that to be your max_loss, or would it be 20% of the bank figure at the time the trigger was loaded/reloaded? Either way, you can see it did not kick in here, which is an obvious concern.

Cheers.

• All members
Re: Greyhound test trigger from Oxa in Dec 2018
« Reply #1 on: 08 Mar 2019, 08:36 »
You do know that recovery systems don’t work long term right ?

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 08 Mar 2019, 10:40 »
I agree they don’t work well long term and I use level stakes for my profitable system. However , something like little acorns which is profitable using levels stakes benefits from a staking plan. The key is that the system should be profitable long term level staking before you add a staking plan.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 08 Mar 2019, 18:09 »
You do know that recovery systems don’t work long term right ?
Thank you, I am well aware that if you are reliant on loss recovery to profit then you are doomed to fail, that's not what I was asking. My query was why the trigger doesn't seem to be doing what it's designed to do.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 11 Mar 2019, 18:47 »
Hello

Does Oxa patrol these forums? I'm curious to know why these triggers do not work?

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 11 Mar 2019, 20:02 »
hi mk34
I do not normally check these triggers but as you have a problem , I checked and it seems to work ok.
please could you include a screen shot of your trigger constant settings , so that I can test using your settings.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 11 Mar 2019, 22:14 »
Hello!

Please attach your Program Log for that day.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE