Author Topic: Greyhound trigger  (Read 3638 times)

• All members
Re: Greyhound trigger
« Reply #15 on: 28 May 2020, 23:50 »
Could that be the problem? Older version?

Just tryin' to help.

bobh

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: 29 May 2020, 07:17 »
Bobh, thanks for offering your help!

The client is using the latest version. Yes, if she had been using the older version, like you are, she wouldn't have been able to run these triggers.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #17 on: 29 May 2020, 09:56 »
It seems to be working after I did what you suggested and added 500 to test account. So what was the problem then? Why I can not test it with 200 test account?

• All members
« Reply #18 on: 29 May 2020, 12:47 »
It seems to be working after I did what you suggested and added 500 to test account. So what was the problem then? Why I can not test it with 200 test account?

Quite simple, the liability of your lay bet would have been higher than the funds remaining in your test balance.

• All members
« Reply #19 on: 29 May 2020, 13:03 »

Quite simple, the liability of your lay bet would have been higher than the funds remaining in your test balance.
Test funds were 200 and liability about 3 euros for each bet

« Reply #20 on: 29 May 2020, 13:42 »
Hi
Laying a small percentage of a 200 bank is possibly below Betfair minimum bet size. Check in your settings for betting options that allow small bets is ticked.    
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #21 on: 29 May 2020, 13:55 »
Hi
Laying a small percentage of a 200 bank is possibly below Betfair minimum bet size. Check in your settings for betting options that allow small bets is ticked.    
Thanks but it has been done. 

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: 01 Jun 2020, 08:56 »
Check the log of the "laying" trigger: it will give you the exact reason why the bet could not be placed.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #23 on: 01 Jun 2020, 09:43 »
Seems to be working now. 

• All members
« Reply #24 on: 04 Jun 2020, 00:45 »
Apologies for "divebombing" this thread, but this strategy is of particular interest to me.

I found it many years ago in some vague publication, amended it to horseracing, constructed a very basic trigger around price, and used it quite successfully for three months with real money. Unfortunately the inevitable losing streak got me one afternoon and I gave back all my profits.

Can I firstly say to Oxa, this trigger is one of the most sophisticated and best constructed I have seen. I can only dream of being talented enough to produce something remotely similar, but I am usually reduced to linking to an Excel worksheet to calculate what I want to achieve. It is much more cumbersome and slower, but usually suits for my simple purposes.

To Dii84, this trigger, if you follow it faithfully, will give you some heart attacks along the way. Over many years of betting and testing triggers, my humble view is that loss recovery strategies do not work long term, and even with gentle recovery strategies, the losing streak will always get you in the end, as I found out many years ago!

You have stipulated a maximum bet of 15 euros (I think), but that is not high enough even if you get a winning streak of 6 or 7 winners when recovering from a long losing streak. Oxa designed this trigger with a maximum bet of 50 units, and even that may not be high enough.

If you accept Oxa's maximum of 50 units, how will your heart cope with a lay bet of 50 units at $9.00 (maximum lay price in recovery) - potential loss of 400 units on top of what you have already lost.

I suggest you amend the maximum price to $6.00. I also suggest you test this over 1,000 races to see how you handle a long losing sequence.

I tested this trigger on Oz doggies yesterday, and I used Box 8, as I wanted to see how the strategy worked with a higher strike rate than Box 5.

I struck a result sequence that went LLLWWWLWLLWWWWWW.

I was betting 50 unit maximum through the recovery phase, and it led to a sequence of large liabilities, which really would test the resolve of the most hardened punter. It never reached the maximum losses limit however.

It never recovered yesterday, even with the long winning sequence to finish the day, and this is where I believe the trigger needs one amendment (over to you Oxa).

In recovery mode, if you have accumulated significant losses and are betting at the maximum of 50 units, you may need more than 4 steps to regain your losses. Yesterday, if the trigger had continued past step 4 using the maximum of 50 units for those extra 2 wins to finish the day, it would have recovered all losses and finished in front.

Whether you can build in an extra condition to continue the step number in recovery until all losses have been recovered I will leave up to you.

I will let it run again today on Box 8 and hope for the best.

And apologies again if I have broken any protocols in regard to commenting on personal triggers, but I like this one, and hope it can work long term.

bobh

• All members
« Reply #25 on: 04 Jun 2020, 10:36 »
Apologies for "divebombing" this thread, but this strategy is of particular interest to me.

I found it many years ago in some vague publication, amended it to horseracing, constructed a very basic trigger around price, and used it quite successfully for three months with real money. Unfortunately the inevitable losing streak got me one afternoon and I gave back all my profits.

Can I firstly say to Oxa, this trigger is one of the most sophisticated and best constructed I have seen. I can only dream of being talented enough to produce something remotely similar, but I am usually reduced to linking to an Excel worksheet to calculate what I want to achieve. It is much more cumbersome and slower, but usually suits for my simple purposes.

To Dii84, this trigger, if you follow it faithfully, will give you some heart attacks along the way. Over many years of betting and testing triggers, my humble view is that loss recovery strategies do not work long term, and even with gentle recovery strategies, the losing streak will always get you in the end, as I found out many years ago!

You have stipulated a maximum bet of 15 euros (I think), but that is not high enough even if you get a winning streak of 6 or 7 winners when recovering from a long losing streak. Oxa designed this trigger with a maximum bet of 50 units, and even that may not be high enough.

If you accept Oxa's maximum of 50 units, how will your heart cope with a lay bet of 50 units at $9.00 (maximum lay price in recovery) - potential loss of 400 units on top of what you have already lost.

I suggest you amend the maximum price to $6.00. I also suggest you test this over 1,000 races to see how you handle a long losing sequence.

I tested this trigger on Oz doggies yesterday, and I used Box 8, as I wanted to see how the strategy worked with a higher strike rate than Box 5.

I struck a result sequence that went LLLWWWLWLLWWWWWW.

I was betting 50 unit maximum through the recovery phase, and it led to a sequence of large liabilities, which really would test the resolve of the most hardened punter. It never reached the maximum losses limit however.

It never recovered yesterday, even with the long winning sequence to finish the day, and this is where I believe the trigger needs one amendment (over to you Oxa).

In recovery mode, if you have accumulated significant losses and are betting at the maximum of 50 units, you may need more than 4 steps to regain your losses. Yesterday, if the trigger had continued past step 4 using the maximum of 50 units for those extra 2 wins to finish the day, it would have recovered all losses and finished in front.

Whether you can build in an extra condition to continue the step number in recovery until all losses have been recovered I will leave up to you.

I will let it run again today on Box 8 and hope for the best.

And apologies again if I have broken any protocols in regard to commenting on personal triggers, but I like this one, and hope it can work long term.

bobh
Thanks Bobh.
I am still playing with it in test mode. And I reduced the odds already due to high liability. I will play withdifferent conditions and test it without real money for long time.
Thanks for your insights.
Dii

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: 04 Jun 2020, 14:19 »
Thanks indeed Bobh!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE