Author Topic: half time counter??  (Read 2466 times)

Tags:
  • All members
half time counter??
« on: 14 Feb 2013, 11:08 »
i have trigger set up that places a bet on the 85th minute in football matches ( or so it should ). the trouble is maybe with 1st half  injury time / going over on half time etc it doesn't seem to be very accurate! i have watched it attempt to place bets on the 89th minute and even at the extreme other way around 77 mins!!
now i am still running in test mode until i get these issues sorted out but its not really helping me monitor whether it is a viable money maker or not

anyway long story short is there something i can set which the trigger picks up 40 mins after the start of the 2nd half rather than 85 mins from the off??

thanks alec

• All members
Re: half time counter??
« Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 2013, 13:24 »
i am not and expert but maybe this can help you
For info the condition: markets minutes since the off is greater than 105.00 is

45 1 half,2-3 disscount, 15 the relax time+ 40 second half so between 103-105 will be nice.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 2013, 19:15 »
Hi thanks for the reply, I have something similar set up at the moment and dint get me wrong I think it is near enough on the money most if the time but sometimes it's far too late meaning I miss the prices and no bets are placed and other times its too early! I don't know if some matches they don't have the full 15 mins break or what, I was looking for a timer that's starts from the moment the 2nd half starts then it will eliminate any discrepancies between half time breaks etc

Cheers

« Reply #3 on: 14 Feb 2013, 23:04 »
Hi
Just an idea.
At half-time the markets are trading in a very tight range. As soon as the second half starts, prices will move out of the 'half-time range'. So the idea is in addition to your minutes since the off condition, to detect when the prices move out of the half-time range.
For example: Under 2.5 trades between 1.50 and 1.55 at half-time

so if minutes since the off is greater than 60
and Under 2.5 is less than 1.50
you will have 2 good indicators that the second half is underway
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2013, 08:34 »
Cheers mark I will look into that

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE