Author Topic: Hedge  (Read 2283 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hedge
« on: 07 Sep 2013, 11:44 »
Hello everyone!

I'm having trouble making a formula for hedge a selection.
I'm doing a few backs and lays on different prices on the favourite and at start time I want to hedge (profit or loss).
How can I put this into a formula?
For example:
Back 1€ at 3.3
Back 2€ at 3.5
Lay 1€ at 2.9
And now what formula do I put to hedge the market?

Regards

Re: Hedge
« Reply #1 on: 07 Sep 2013, 13:08 »
Hi
You would use green-up action or distribute loss action in a trigger with condition:
and markets minutes before the off is less than 1.00 (or whatever time before start you want)
some examples here:
http://marketfeeder.co.uk/solutions/green-up-hedge/
or
You can set Stop-Loss settings to close out automatically:
Settings > Stop Loss > if less than x mins are left till the event's start
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 07 Sep 2013, 13:37 »
But when I'm doing that can I put 0 ticks of profit?
Because If I put those actions, I need to input ticks of profit or loss and not at the actual odd for example. And with multiple bets it might became confuse.
I have a trigger that does multiple lays and backs on the favourite and I want to close the trade at the end. Just hedge at the current odd. Not anything that involves % of profit or ticks.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 07 Sep 2013, 13:59 »
Ok I think I got. It is working like you said.
Thanks!

« Reply #4 on: 07 Sep 2013, 14:02 »
Hi
The settings will do exactly as you want.

Yes you can put 0%
The green-up action will wait until you are in profit > 0%

You will need some conditions for the distribute loss action, because as soon as you place a back bet, you are in loss by at least 1 tick.

If you want to "manually" do a lay trigger (or back trigger) to close out, the formulas are here:
http://community.welldonesoft.com/triggered-betting-10/formulas/
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE